This can’t be coincidence.....
A new issue has started that has never occurred for me until this past week. When I play killer, probably 1 of 5 games disconnects and sends me back to the main screen.
Now here’s the catch, every time this happens, I’m having a pretty good run. Invariably I’m hunting one of those players who begs you to chase them and then hyper-teabags after throwing a pallet. I finally catch them, maybe even get to the point of hooking them, and then BAM! Main screen with an error message telling me I was disconnected from server. If I use add ons or offerings, they’re lost.
Have these players hacked the system somehow? Is it no longer good enough to just disconnect and abandon their team, now they want to end everyone’s game? What is going on here?
This last round where it happened, someone had even put out party streamers..... ![]()
Comments
Did they have a flashlight? There is a bug in the PC version, where a survivor can bind a macro to SPAM flashlight clicks, which can cause other players, especially the killer, to DC.
Hmmm, yes. This last one was carrying a flashlight, and a lot of these types tend to have one. However, I’m playing the game on PS4. Still, if they know of weakness on the pc side, I’m sure they’ll put in the effort to find a way to exploit it on console. Sore losers will find a way..... maybe one day they’ll realize it’s better to just play and enjoy a good game.
Do you know if there’s any way to combat or protect against this kind of abuse?
That should actually be fixed. You can click it fast now, but not fast enough to break the game.
@Peanits I saw it happen just a few days ago, while watching Puppers or Tru3Talent live, I can’t remember which.
@yobuddd if it is possible on PS4, it would be through one of those special controllers that allow the spamming of buttons. I’ve never used one, but I’ve heard about some who have. That was back when I was playing F13, 1.5 years ago, and some people were using them to escape Jason’s grasp.
@Peanits i remember reading in the patch notes that it was fixed, but i've had it happen since then, too.