What's up with the NOED hate?

I have been trying to main and learn Spirit as of recent and running Sloppy, NOED, PGTW and Discordance. I don't have many killers tiered up yet and was planning perhaps to replace NOED some time with Pain Resonance.

I'm in Raccoon City and not doing too well, gates are powered. I down a survivor in main building and hook in the center. Usually survivors cleanse and go all in on the save as you can imagine. But the hex totem is right outside near the gate. Which is neat. So I end up getting 2 total kills (1 attempted the save). The players are quite nasty to me in the chat, saying I'm not good, etc.

Why do people get like this? Sure I tend to get kills off of it in the endgame of a bad match, it's very strong. But I find it odd no one thought to at least cleanse a dull totem that was in plain sight in the most dwelled area of the match. In fact I'm not sure any dull totems were cleansed before the endgame. Aren't people supposed to do a little more than just run and hold left click on gens all game?

NOED is clearly a strong endgame perk but it has a short window of use and can be countered easily. Even cleansing a few dull totems will help avoid such a bad situation like I described.

Comments

  • I think most of it comes from people who are mad they got insta downed and one hook killed endgame. Not going to pretend like I don't understand their frustration, but the perk is not OP or anything. It's a good killer perk, but the way in which it is good makes people angry sometimes. I think it is fine as is.

    But if survivors keep running Adrenaline, Off the Record, Lithe, Windows, Dead Hard, Unbreakable, and other strong perks, I will continue to use my NOED.

    I know many will say that NOED rewards you for losing all generators, and that may be true, but look at every good/ meta survivor perk right now. Every one, besides Dead Hard and Deliverance, rewards you for playing bad/gives you a second chance/ gives you something with very little input needed, just like NOED.

    All decent killer perks have some sort of requirement. Pain Res, Pop, No way Out, Surge, all require you to down/hook someone. But I will not pretend there are not some like Deadlock, Ultimate Weapon, and NOED which give you good value for doing very little. Besides Ultimate Weapon I think that's fine. And that perk is getting changed soon anyways. It's OK to have a couple perks as killer where you don't have to do much to match the endless amount of survivor perks which require little effort too. Besides, sometimes NOED is one of the few things holding up weak m1 killers like Pig, Ghostface, and Wraith. If you reach endgame with those killers and everyone has adrenaline and you do not have NOED then you're pretty much done for.

  • I used to run Inner Healing / Detectives Hunch A LOT to prevent it. Not anymore since NOED got nerfed + the fear of Pentimento builds.

    Imo NOEDs real strenght is just the potential the killer COULD have it, so the survivors can be forced to "test" it when someone is on a hook at the end. Worst-case scenario: Someone gets hooked near NOED in solo queue.

  • Because regardless of what survivor players say they in fact do not want any secondary objectives. Everytime a hex has been meta it gets nerfed because survivors complain they don't have time to do bones and gens despite the fact there are multiple perks to help you find them.

  • this is something but with how Gen efficient you have to be countering Noed without small game or a rainbow map basically never happens

    personally I’ve never done it naturally

1 2 ›