Flashbang Buff idea

Flashbang: increase blind duration to 2.6 and deafen everyone within its effective range for the duration, Additionally this perk becomes a token perk (Tokens create Flashbangs, maximum of 2 tokens)

reasoning for a buff: I only think this perk should get buffed because of how unique it is and how it can be used defensively (in chase) and offensively (saves)

But as it is right now it is very mediocre outside of saving your fellow survivors. I personally think this perk could be more than just used for saves because Flashbangs are able to blind the killer while in chase I want to buff that aspect of it because outside of saves it is incredibly weak.

buffing the Blinding duration doesn’t do anything when it comes to saves because if you land the bang when the killer is picking up their not gonna be moving regardless because their stunned and a increase in the duration will give you just a tad bit more time to make distance in another direction or to confuse the killer. The Deafening effect is what I think this perk needs though, having it deafen the killer would allow you to sneak around them in chase and would make the perk an incredibly strong chase perk. This sounds strong and it is but keep in mind this is only IF you blind the killer with the flashbang.

The counterplay options are still there for a good killer to capitalize on such as lightborn, looking away, and especially looking up and there’s always the chance you end up blinding yourself. So the Skill aspect of them will be rewarded more then ever because of how hard it initially is to land them because their not as consistent and easy to use as Flashlights or exhaustion perks

as for the token aspect it’s purely a Quality of Life update to allow to have more since at the most you can only have 3 or 4 Flashbangs unless the killer is consistently regressing gens.

Thats my buff idea to my favorite perk I tried keeping it fair and balanced yet strong, it’s a perk after all, it should be worth the slot

Comments

  • I like that this buff would enable the perk to deafen the killer. IMO the blind duration should last longer and it should prevent the killer from hearing anything.