The effect of add-ons on and killer usage
I’m not really sure the right way to phrase this but I’ve been thinking about it for a while but basically for example you get killers who use add-ons as a crutch to compliment their otherwise lacking power such as:
Knight - Map of the realm - Common so easy to play as the killer casually.
Bubba - Award Winning Chilli - Very Rare so difficult to play as killer efficiently without constantly investing blood points, you can use his regular Chilli (Uncommon) but it’s not as effective and you’ll have more difficult matches.
Freddy - Red Paint Brush - Iridescent - Unless you main Freddy almost pointless to use him regularly unless you want a rough time.
I’d use the Demogorgon as an example of a killer who I’d consider as having mostly good add-ons as they aren’t really necessary but can be used to improve various aspects of his kit such as Black Heart and Barb’s Glasses for chase, Lifeguard Whistle and Upside Down Resin for strong portals/map control and his iridescent add-ons for a fun and unique play style.
I’m sure it’s just part of the game design to grind to get a gameplay advantage but it’s a bit frustrating not being able to use killers to their fullest potential, particularly weaker killers like Freddy or Trapper, ideally it’d be nice to have a perk to keep add-on’s but on the other hand it might not be fun for survivors if every match versus Myers they have Tombstone Piece.
A lot of this might have to do with general balance.
Comments