The OP Perks
I’ve always played very “immersed” and generally gone very off-meta with my perks. Now, however, I wish to see the power of some of these perks. As for skill I suppose I’m okay, not great by any means, but I’d like to see if using the perks everyone deems OP will actually crutch me some wins. So I’d like people’s input, on the he strongest builds and such, and then I shall see if equipping the perks really does make a difference.
Comments
The biggest crutch perk i can think of in this game easily has to be Decisive Strike. If you want the ultimate crutch meta. In my opinion that would be Decisive Strike, Selfcare, Sprint Burst and Adrenaline. (not saying selfcare in itself is a crutch as i think the perk is fine it is just usually apart of every build especially crutch builds)
So maybe something more clutch should replace it, like Deliverance.
The Depip Squad went with selfcare, sprintburst, ouDSkilled and unbreakable. It probably still holds true as it covers all areas. Add an instaheal for more ggez outplayed baby killer.
Thing with second chance perks is, they scale with your skill as survivor. If you suck at chases, another health state wont take you further. Bad loopers are better of with stealth perks (which are strong anyways, just not guaranteed timewasters).
Adrenaline is also good, but is even more dependant on your own skill. Deliverance is ok, but not as good as the other crutch perks. You can drop unbreakable for them until you play highranks, as it scales with the killer skill.
Noed for killers.
Something of note noed gains strength on how aggresively you camp. Most survivours will rush gens and ignore totems out of fear that they might be camped. I hate this playstyle but it works. I will never play like this. As games tend to be to dull. With this strat.
While I'd normally advise against using such builds because they ruin the fun for the killer, here's arguably the most crutch survivor build possible:
DS
Sprint Burst/Dead Hard
Unbreakable
Adrenaline
So many second chances.
Noed
Blood Warden
Rancor
And sprint burst is not a second chance perk..
"So many second chaces."
And the fun fact is that rancor can't be countered, (if you are in a chase)
Rancor is the perfect counter for DS, my dear survivor main, if you dont want to get your ass eaten by hag then avoid decisive
Blood warden is by no means overpowered you can counter it by simply hiding
Your right my friend, Rancor is the perfect counter and killer still want to ds be delete (they dont want to sacrifice a perk slot)
(Also adrenaline is countered by noed and rancor...)
That's a good build for swf, for solo survivor it can't be a #########
My solo build is Kindred, Bond, Open Handed and Small Game. Best solo build i can think of.
Anyway DS is op for me, and NOED too (exploit for bad killer).
most op perk claudettes o wait its not a perk....
first off, im not interested in yet another infinite discussion weather certain perks are 2nd chance or not, but fact is: survivors have way more than killers do.
true, killers have noed and rancor, but thats it. bw does need a certain action before it activates, it does most certainly not just give you a free 2nd chance. noed is also easily countered.
survivors have Dstrike, unbreakable, adrenaline, SB (yes, this gives you a 2nd chance in positioning), deadhard, literally any exhaustion perks that allow you to get away from the killer very fast, deliverance, selfcare, iron will and in general items like instahelas or flashlights who grant you second chances.
also, the game mechanics are pretty much build around 2nd chances. you can get hooked 2 times with no consequence (unless the killer camps and denies you your 2 second chances), you get hit two times before going down and you have pallets and windows, which are supposed to be 2nd chance tools, even though no one uses them like that. a pallet was actuallyment to break LoS to the kilelr and hide again btw. same goes for windows.
The survivors only have 4 perks of second chance, as a perk that gives you a sprint is considered second chance ?, you are already exaggerating. Then I can say,
Rancor, noed, bbq, enduring, bitter murmur, whispers, Hex: Devour Hope and blood warden are second chance since they show the survivor's position (aura) and gives exposed effect, etc ... because if you consider an exhaustion perk as 2nd chance I consider perks/addons that give an exposed effect (like the instadown hatchet of the huntress or the myers tombstone...) and reveal the location of the survivor as 2nd chance.
Do not be maimed, flashlights can be easily dodged, look at a wall or spam the r key, or just scare the survivor with the flashlight because with the 3 second pickup will not have time to blind you, instaheal them if they are op so I can not tell you anything about that, or easy sacrifice a slot and use franklin's demise. I can not believe that you consider some pallets and windows as a second chance !! then I can consider the addons that make insta down, more speed or more blinks as a second chance ..
Oh and if you consider iron will as 2nd chance I consider stridor as a 2nd chance.
You can still get obsession if no one is running DS.