How does MMR work for how I play?
So I play mainly SoloQ but maybe 15% of my time with a friend who I meet in game.
Let's say I'm at the top MMR and she is at the bottom. Whose MMR does the game use when trying to find us an appropriate killer when playing together 🤔?
Comments
An average of both MMRs. There is also special rules applied for winning or losing MMR when you are in a SWF:
Team-based MMR
If Survivors queue up together with friends, playing as a group (Survive with Friends), their final MMR score is influenced by what happened to the other Survivors queueing up with them:
This was implemented to counter situations in which team mates sacrificed themselves for the survival of the others and were punished for their altruism by the Skill-Based Matchmaking Rating.
More info in the wiki: https://deadbydaylight.fandom.com/wiki/Skill-Based_Matchmaking_Rating
Thanks so much for the information! I'm referred to the wiki a lot. Do you know if the Devs contribute to or endorse it as a reliable source of information? Thanks!
It is officially endorsed by BHVR even if they are not involved with it, and I would say that the info is pretty reliable as they compile it from both official sources and data mining the game.