2024 is going to be an awful year for Dead by Daylight
The new roadmap is out and I'm honestly not impressed. I think I'm going to take a year break from this game and occasionally check the news once every 3 months but that's it for me. Whatever you guys are doing, I hope you have a fine day this week. Don't let this post make you stop playing this game though but I'm done.
Comments
The roadmaps that dropped yesterday are old. The one that dropped during the live stream is the current one, and that is literally JUST game play updates. Doesn't include new content, map reworks, or even all the planned game play updates. And that roadmap is NOT the "2024" roadmap, it's the end of Year 8. To be even more specific, the last THREE updates to Year 8.
If you want to leave the game you can, but it seems silly to do it based off an announcement of broad areas.
You still have the following before any changes occur:
1: The actual description of the change
2: The PTB test run of the change
3: Any changes made before it is implemented live.
I'd wait until it got a little closer to step 3 before I started quitting the game.
Honestly I'm more happy playing DBD than I have been in years. As a survivor face camping has reduced after the anti face camp mechanic. Endurance has helped me with hard tunneled. And as killer im not dealing with constant dead hard or boon of healing. Things are going OK ๐