Surv screams when placed on the hook are too loud compared to all other audio from the game.
I recently started a poll asking: Are survivor screams when placed on the hook too loud compared to all other audio from the game? The sample size is low considering how limited activity is on these forums and Reddit, however, there seems to be a clear indication that it definately is a problem for some. I understand that other, more important aspects of the game are stacking upon the backlog, although I don't think it seems unfeasible to consider adding a 'screams' loudness option with the enumerations quiet, normal, loud to the game. It would require low effort (I reckon the planning/implementation would simply require an afternoon with whatever checks you do afterwards to take maximum a week or so) and provide a lot of accessibility advantages to people. The current loudness would be the loud setting and maybe users can be defaulted to normal?
To clarify, this 'loudness' meter would primarily include audio such as screaming when placed on hook (this is the worst culprit) or things such as the overly loud Nemesis level-up.Think of it as a compression applied to all audio above a certain threshhold.
It is important to note, that this setting must not effect any audio cues that influence the competative game itself. For example, a survivor screaming on hook has little more effect than irritating everyone in the game (and possibly masking killer movement for a few seconds). I don't consider this a highly influencial audio to adjust, games will pan out the same. On the otherhand, lets say we reduced sounds of a survivor from injured state. This would have catastrophic effects on the killer's ability to detect survivors in the vicinity, thus should not be touched by the setting.
I suppose the discussion on what are influencial audio cues might take a while and could render this suggestion too complex to implement with other more important tickets being implemented, but I still write this post hoping to at least start the discussion at Behaviour Interactive.
Comments