Thanatophobia and Kindred should be put into Killers/Survivors base kit.
Just hear me out, but this would fix some complaints survivors and killers have.
Kindred - While a survivor is on hook, 1 survivor aura is revealed to you. If the killer is within 6 meters, their aura is revealed to all as well.
This would help solo survivors find eachother while a survivor is on hook, but if the killer face camping it punishes them.
Thanatophobia - 1 dying, injured, or hooked survivor gives remaining survivors a 15% speed penalty to all actions. Each other survivor adds a 2%.
This wouldn’t do much in preventing generators being finished quickly but add some punishment for survivors that group up. I wanted to add a perk that slows down the game, and Thanatophobia was the only perk that seemed reasonble.
For new perks that replace this, I would only add new Thanatophobia as Kindred isn’t a teachable.
New Thanatophobia - When a survivor performs a healing action, their locations are revealed and cannot heal for 10-20 seconds.
Kindred - While a survivor is on hook, 1 survivor aura is revealed to you. If the killer is within 6 meters, their aura is revealed to all as well.
This would help solo survivors find eachother while a survivor is on hook, but if the killer face camping it punishes them.
Thanatophobia - 1 dying, injured, or hooked survivor gives remaining survivors a 15% speed penalty to all actions. Each other survivor adds a 2%.
This wouldn’t do much in preventing generators being finished quickly but add some punishment for survivors that group up. I wanted to add a perk that slows down the game, and Thanatophobia was the only perk that seemed reasonble.
For new perks that replace this, I would only add new Thanatophobia as Kindred isn’t a teachable.
New Thanatophobia - When a survivor performs a healing action, their locations are revealed and cannot heal for 10-20 seconds.
Comments
I'm not sure what to feel about this. On paper it seems like a good idea, but what is the limit to the New Thana? Is it once per health state? Cause Nurses basically already does this minus the inability to heal.
Thanatophobia dosent need to be kit on killers they already have alot of buff survivor needs a buff on solo players devs mentioned that ppl complain about SWF and they still complain so they think of putting kindred and bond as base kit for survivors
You deign to joke, sir.
fam i dont understand youre english be more specific xd
@MegChicken i like the idea of both being built into the game for both sides. It may help lower tier killers like Legion who constantly injure but struggle to kill. This would buy them more time. A killer may have less incentive to camp as survivors could group up and gen rush them while they camp.
I run it for that Leader + Resilience combo. Quite effective for generators.
Kindred speeds up the game btw
Thanatophobia affecting only the Survivors who are injured could work as a base mechanic, and the perk would then just apply the effect to all Survivors and multiply it. No Mither would, of course, ignore this mechanic.
How I feel

For the built in kindred, keep it the same as tier 3 kindred right now. I like the thanatophobia suggestion.
Not to mention that the survivors aren't technically a team, and helping each other is optional (and usually optimal). I know this wouldn't absolutely change that, but it would discourage a lone wolf playstyle.
The replacement for thanataphobia sounds neat, but there's one huge issue: you could just tap the interaction ASAP and get it out of the way even if you do not intend to heal. For example, you get unhooked, tap it, run away and then heal safely. The location wouldn't help since the killer already knows where you were unhooked.
(Also it would be a little silly because thanataphobia is the fear of death, and not healing would be the opposite of what you'd want to do if you're afraid of dying.)
I like it. Kindred needs to be base kit without a doubt, and I'd even add Bond to that when injured, which is clearly another big advantage swf survivors have.
Thanatophobia as base kit would also be nice, but I would keep it the way it is now as opposed to your suggestion, just with slightly higher values maybe. Like instead of 6%/9%/12%/15% maybe 12%/15%/18%/20% for repairing speed and 9%/10%11%/12% for healing. Healing shouldn't be too high though since it would otherwise make Sloppy Butcher useless and would become overpowered.