How would you rank the Scream Franchise? (Some Spoilers)
For me it goes from best to worst:
- Scream 96 (A classic) 10/10
- Scream 4 (Jill is my favorite Ghostface, the reveal had my mouth drop when I saw this movie for the first time. Very brutal kills.). 8.5/10
- Scream 2 (Great suspenseful scenes, great characters, I love Mickey!) 8/10
- Scream 3 (Roman is underrated as Ghostface, people think 3 is the worst but its decent for me). 7/10
- Scream 2022 (Points for the acting, but the reveal is very obvious and one of the worst if you pay attention, story was good, though a return from the OG cast is always a welcome.) 6.5/10
- Scream 6 (Points for suspenseful scenes, acting, and kills, but story is lacking and reveal is probably the most obvious in the franchise for me, and characters were underused and killed off quickly that had potential, and the "get stabbed 20 times" and live is pretty unrealistic). 6/10
There is no bad scream movie in my opinion, though 5 and 6 have the most flaws.
Comments
I'd rank them like this (in order from best to worst):
Scream (2022) also gets points deducted for following the annoying trend of naming movie reboots the same thing as the original. It's not really a big deal, just a personal pet peeve of mine.
Good list. Even though 6 is my least favorite I do agree that the ladder scene was intense.
Interesting opinion.
I agree with this none of them were bad but with scream 2022 I knew who the ghostfaces were from the start.
I have a controversial list.
I watched Scream 1-5 as they came out, I was 10 when the first one came out and have loved it since the first time I saw it. It was the go to movie at every sleep over I had. As I've gotten older I've gained new appreciation for it. It will always be #1.
Scream 2 I love. It's a solid sequel and it once it came out every sleepover was a Scream double feature. Love this movie and still do, it'll stay at #2.
Scream 3 I know alot of people don't like this one but I love it. I love all the extra little Easter eggs Wes threw in. I wish they had ended the series on this one because it's perfect to end the series. It's my #3.
Scream 4. I wasn't a fan. All the other Scream movies I wasn't sure who the killer was for pretty much the entire movie but Scream 4 was first one I instantly knew who the killer was and I spent the entire movie hoping I was wrong. The movie is OK but didn't hit the spot for me like the first 3. It stays at #4
Scream 2022 - I went into this one hopeful but ended out hating it. Guessed the killers right away which is so disappointing. For me it didn't feel like a Scream movie, it just felt like a bad remake/reboot money grab and it was missing the heart Wes brought to the movies. Also the Dewey death felt like they did it just to kill off an original character and it was a crappy kill - he deserved a better death than that. It's last.
Scream 6 - I didn't see it, and I won't see it. I wasn't happy with the 2022 movie and then they wouldn't pay Neve Campbell what she deserved which instantly made me go from "maybe" to "never." I really couldn't care less about the characters they introduced in the 2022 movie. There's nothing about it that makes me want to spend any time watching it.