Can we get an update where most weapon skins for killers are unlinked?
-Main Proposal:
(This isn't a hit piece, I want to make that clear, I'm just perturbed at some cosmetic decisions that I'd like to find common ground on.)
Could there be a quality of life update for Dead By Daylight that would change some linked skins to be unlinked (Killer and Survivor) OR (For killer skins) have their linkage be separated from their weapon?
In other words, Why not make most Linked killer skins (Excluding some killers who don't Hold their weapons like The Xenomorph and The Nemesis) Still linked between their bodies and heads (Which most of the clipping issues probably would occur if they were unlinked), but have their weapons be unlinked so that they may be used interchangeably with other cosmetics?
This would also obviously exclude linked cosmetics that also change animations because I take it that would also have it's fair share of issues.
-Survivor Example:
On Cheryl Manson she has an Ugly Sweater (Sweater of Metatron) that is unlinked, meaning you can equip it with other unlinked cosmetics. However, all other "Legs" cosmetics are linked, meaning she can only wear a winter sweater with a jean skirt, looking kind of odd. She also has 2 outfits consisting of color swapped cosmetics that are for some reason linked. (Moving on and Starting over)
Why are these two skins not able to be mix and matched when they are just color modifications of each? And also, Why couldn't someone be able to equip one of their jeans with the sweater making for a debatably better cosmetic set? ( I don't want to buy the Sweater of Metatron because of this issue)
-Killer Example(s):
On legion (and many other killers) they use various knives as their weapon of choice. Now granted, most knives are unlinked, same with cosmetics, I wont discredit that. But why cant I equip the Grim Reaper (Hunk) knife with other cosmetic options?
On other killers like Huntress, Mastermind, Clown, Oni, etc. They have linked skins that share similarly sized weapons that shouldn't cause issues if they were to be made unlinked.
-Other General Notes:
Most blighted skins are unlinked, even with their complexities. I think this gives more reason as to why it shouldn't be asking too much to have others also be unlinked.
I'm not asking for me to be able to play The Artist with the base body skin and the Jabberwock head skin, though I am asking for me to be able to play Cheryl Manson with the Legs of Starting Over with The torso of the Sweater of Metatron.
Even if these changes happen gradually through little updates here and there, not only would players like me appreciate it, but we would be more willing to buy skins if we knew we'd be able to customize them more, not
negatively impacting the "Dev time to revenue generated" ratio.
Again, I mean in no way to patronize the developers, they get plenty of that already. I just want to see one of my favorite games receive some little touches that just make the game more enjoyable for more kinds of players. (Like me, who holds customization to high importance in the games that I play)
I'd love to talk about this and hear others opinions to get a more balanced perceptive on this issue than only have my own and not think outside of that bubble.
If you are a Developer reading this, thank you!
Comments