When do you prefer Main Building? As a Survivor or Killer?

When do you prefer the Main Building on maps, as Survivor or Killer? What maps do you prefer Main Building for Survivor? Which ones for Killer? What about Killer Shack?

I’m not competitive so every time I start a match it plays out like a scary movie in my mind. The main building (for me) plays a theatrical role in the “story-line” of the match I am in. I have found that the main building sometimes acts as a climax to the story especially when it has one of the last generators remaining. Other times it barely even features in the match because the generator there gets repaired quickly or it is ignored.

I especially love the Garden of Joy main building for the story. It’s so creepy how everything is upside down and warped. When playing as a Survivor it feels like being trapped in some bizarro horrible nightmare (which of course DBD is). When playing as a Killer I love to meld the story level with the Killer I am playing. For example if I am playing as the Wraith using the Space Terror costume then maybe the level became the way it did because Space Wraith is trying to find and abduct people so the physics in the level are all over the place.

It’s so cool how the story changes however if I use a different skin. If I use the “Werecat” skin on Garden of Joy then the story changes to something like maybe whatever changed the level also changed the people and animals. Maybe the Werecat was once human, or a cat, or both melded as one à la Color Out of Space. I love this aspect of the game so very much.

That was my long answer to probably a straight forward question. When do you prefer Main Building? Under what conditions do you prefer Main Building? Is it for story purposes? Competition purposes? Chase/hiding purposes? Perhaps you enjoy the aesthetics? I’d love to read the many different answers to this question!

Comments