Some licensed maps are a HUGE issue in this game. (Killer's POV and a little Survivor's POV)
I want to list every big issue on a different licensed maps first:
- Haddonfield - windows in houses. Those doulbe or single "God windows" is a huge issue in this map. That I don't think been discussed too much. Survivors for ages were abusing these "broken houses" each time they got chased. It's not an issue for S -tier or ranged killers, but for basic 4.6 killers - they are infinites.
- Gideon (The game) - double pallets. Multiple ocasions with double "God pallets", that you can't play around, and the distance between pallets feels like a 3-4m.
- Midwich - Fairly big issue with hook spawns. It's either the lowest ammount of hooks on the map, or poorly thought - through spawn placements. Basically - 1 hook destroyed, and another survivor getting down close to it - you can't reach any other hook. The distance between hooks should be adjusted imo.
- Raccoon city (RPD)... I'm not even gonna start...
The only maps that I think fairly normal: - Norstromo, Springwood and Hawkins. (Tho I think hawkins is unfair for survivors)
Ofc there is no issue for someone like Nurse or Blight or ranged killers. But we gotta think about all killer roaster, no?
Another big issue I'm having on those maps - the actual lack of random generation. These maps feels like they have no map generation at all, the only thing different is generators spawn. Different variations feels exactly the same.
Also, generators spawn on those maps (Maybe aside from Midwich), is fairly big issue for survivors. Generators being spawned very close to eachother, providing the killer with easy 3-gen scenarios. Especially Haddonfield and RPD.
- "I'd rather defend my easy 3-gen, than chasing survivors in these broken houses."
- "I need to play as scummy as possible, because I don't have time breaking 2983729 pallets."
- "I'm not trying to be a D* and slug you for 4 minutes, I just can't hook you, they are very far."
- "RPD offering? Guess you've chosen death."
Next problem: Survivors can always bring those map offerings in order to force the killer to play on them.
Changes should happen to these maps imo. Personally I don't see any other decisions.
Comments