Fair hit? Or ping issue?
i don’t understand how I always end up getting hit in these situations. I have fast internet and pretty low ping every game yet I always seem to get hit when I’m already on the other side of windows and pallets
yet every time I play killer it’s the opposite and a hit like that I’d just miss every time
is it simply bad luck and I’m always playing against killers with high ping? Or is it a fair hit and I’m overreacting?


Comments
It's quiz time again!!!
That's the killers ping for you. On their screen they fairly hit you.
If something connects on the killer's screen it will count as a hit, even if it's due to their own bad connection. An exception to this are hits through pallet pulls and Dead Hard, where the server will do some checks.
The only thing you can do is use Resilience, which will help a bit on window and pallet vaults.
Being on the other sideof a window doesn't make you invulnerable. The killers weapon hitbox can reach through windows.
While ping likely is an issue here anyway, it seems people grossly underestimate just how far they should be away from the window without getting hit in the first place.
In the picture above, there is less than a foot between the survivors hitbox and the killers weapon swing.
Killer's bad ping. Some Killers purposely use VPNs to play in distant servers because they know it gives an advantage (not saying this killer is doing that). On their screen the hit looks fine, on yours it looks like bs. Yes it's frustrating.
That's a very solid hit. Even if the killer's ping is not bad, that is definitely a hit. Because there are 2 latencies to take into consideration. Your own and the killer's. You see yourself in a different spot than the server and the killer sees you in another spot alltogether. Meaning, even if both of your pings are solid, this will connect.