How do I stop being scared by this game?

I love playing DBD, but I always get very shaky and anxious before, during, and after a match. I don't play very often because of this. To me, the game feels stressful rather than fun. I've hated anything horror related for my entire life, but to a lesser extent more recently. I wish I could just enjoy the game without being all tense. Does anyone have any tips that could help me?

Edit: I've already been playing for 3 months, the anxious feeling hasn't gone away
Tagged: ACMMod

Comments

  • Play a few more hours and you'll get used to it.
  • maybe play a bit of killer. there's nothing to be scared of when playing killer. except for davids. they'll beat the living ######### out of you.

  • Spine chill, premonition, bond, other aura reading perk. The more info in your pocket, the less scared and anxious you should experience until you come more used to the game 
  • Play a little killer. It'll take the scary away because you'll be the scary. After a while you'll be a hardened veteran.

    Or just embrace it. It'll stop being scary eventually, and then there's no going back. Get scared while you still can and have fun with it.
  • Happens to me with most of the horror games, I can't play them, for example Resident Evil or Dying Light. I love horrors. DBD is ok for me because the killers are people.
    Try to play with friends, it helped me when I used to be scared in games.


  • Don't play in the dark

  • Honestly, embrace the fear and anxiety. Most of us have lost it and the game has long stopped being scary in any manner. Enjoy it.

  • @Peanits said:
    Play a little killer. It'll take the scary away because you'll be the scary. After a while you'll be a hardened veteran.

    That's even scarier than playing survivor especially when all of a sudden a pallet hits you while you are not hunting someone

  • Play with friends if you want to get used to survivor. It usually eases tension since you'll have more info as to who the killer is/if they're busy/etc.

    If that still doesn't help, try and get a crew together for KYF. You'll have the chance to get used to each killer, and gain more confidence in how you play which should help. In the end, it's hard to be scared when you're too busy laughing after your 4th pallet stun in a row ^_^

  • Try to play together with other people (SWF or KYF).
    Do you play survivor and killer or do you stick to one role?

  • I know playing killer can be scary sometimes. So maybe try playing SWF. You won't be scared while laughing with some friends.
  • I love playing DBD, but I always get very shaky and anxious before, during, and after a match. I don't play very often because of this. To me, the game feels stressful rather than fun. I've hated anything horror related for my entire life, but to a lesser extent more recently. I wish I could just enjoy the game without being all tense. Does anyone have any tips that could help me?

    Edit: I've already been playing for 3 months, the anxious feeling hasn't gone away
    The terror radius tells you how close the killer is at. Some killer's powers can hide the terror radius so they can jump scare you, be warned.
  • Try to play together with other people (SWF or KYF).
    Do you play survivor and killer or do you stick to one role?

    I generally play both, but I play survivor more often. And most of the time I play with my boyfriend.
  • You'll lose it soon. Embrace it while you feel it. Once you see Ochido's montages, there's no going back to that fear.