Now that we have Chucky, can we please maybe redo Freddy?

I love how much Chucky talks and BMs as you play. I don't even really like Child's Play but his addition is so refreshing and fun. BHVR has done a fantastic job with this chapter. It just makes me sad that Freddy doesn't do the same.

I don't know how any of this works, but would it be possible to somehow turn Freddy into original Freddy and give him voicelines like Chucky? Or maybe give him a skin of original Freddy? Or even have Jackie Earle Haley record lines for him, he is a fantastic voice actor, he was Ruvik in the Evil Within.

I like Quentin as is, but a Nancy Legendary or something would be cool.

As far as I know, all Elm Street licensing, including the remake, is under Wes Craven's estate now so renegotiating the license in such a way would have to be possible, right? Surely?

I am sure if it was easy they would have done it by now, but I am hopeful maybe that he will be updated some day to be more like movie Freddy. He is a bit of a victim of releasing too early.

Comments

  • "I am sure if it was easy they would have done it by now"

    Thats the point.

    It sadly seems to be not easy more like impossible. I think almost everybody would prefer orig Freddy Robert Englund...

    But don´t give up hope - we saw it with Stranger Things. Miracles happen.

  • @Marc_123 said:

    "I am sure if it was easy they would have done it by now"

    Thats the point.

    It sadly seems to be not easy more like impossible. I think almost everybody would prefer orig Freddy Robert Englund...

    But don´t give up hope - we saw it with Stranger Things. Miracles happen.

    Yeah, here is hoping some day. It is just a shame that such an iconic slasher is missing so much of what made him iconic in the first place.