Trickster massive buff... I have major concerns

Everyone is talking about MFT but no one is talking about the massive Trickster buff. I always thought and still think that he never needed a buff to begin with. That he was fine on release date. It made me think that if Nurse came out today she would be so overly buffed that she would be the new Trickster. But everyone knows a nurse in the hands of someone who has practiced with her knows how strong she is. Same with Trickster, they were just too quick to pull the trigger IMO.

But now they are going to buff him more? And am I to understand that if he brings in two add-ons he can trigger main even after hitting someone with 3 blades!!? He could also bring the add-on so he gets main event with 4 blades and have the blades bounce off of walls with another add-on. I have to wonder what the developers are thinking. I can only assume it will get crazy during the PTB and they will have to pull way back on his buffs.

What do you guys think? Am I overreacting and he does need this massive buff or was he fine where he is currently at? Or do you think he actually needs a nerf?

Also, why is he going to be the only ranged killer that has a movement speed of 4.6 and now a terror radius of 32 meters. Get ready for a lot of main events and screaming after he reloads at a locker (UW Perk).

Comments

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3575437#Comment_3575437

    "not more increase throw frequency"

    This is not a Nerf. Trickster starts at 3 Blades per second and after 8 Blades he reaches 4 Blades per second. After the Patch he will start at 4 Blades per second, but will not gain more throw rate. Starting at the maximum is not a Nerf, it is a clear Buff.

    And 16 blades instead of 12... Considerung that he throws faster and especially enters Main Event faster, I am not sure if this is really a Nerf or more of a necessary evil to make him not too oppressive.

    @Topic:

    I am also pretty concerned about the changes, but I wait to see how they play out. But Trickster was already really miserable to go against and while they write that they want to make him better for both sides, I dont think they really achieved it. Sure, he gets Main Event more often, so you are not the poor guy who gets hit by something which happens rarely during the game. But getting hit by it frequently...

    Also, with the two reworked Add Ons (Ji-Woons Autograph and Fizz-Spin Soda) you reach Main Event after just hitting 3 Blades. REALLY not sure about that one...

    Yeah, he needs tests, and they forget change the Death Throes Compilation, imagine this things recharging all knifes every single time after main event?

  • I just feel like the recoil should have stayed and I know that with the throw rate being increased to 4/s it would have made you recoil manage more but complete removal of recoil? Now before someone says something about recoil on console I highly doubt its that effective to making you miss your blades with the massive recoil reduction you get.

  • @Ricardo170373 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3575823#Comment_3575823

    Yeah, he needs tests, and they forget change the Death Throes Compilation, imagine this things recharging all knifes every single time after main event?

    16 knives/44 is 36% of his knifes count. he is going need death thores compilation otherwise he's going to be reloading constantly. for average player, he already reloads constantly unless your trickster main with incredible accuracy. it might become one of trickster's most used add-on's.

  • The buff was well needed but he's a killer. He won't survive the ptb as is.

1 2 ›