Buff to Insidious: Roundstart Undetectable
My suggestion is to add a new functionality to Insidious: The killer begins the trial Undetectable.
Much like how Corrupt Intervention and Lethal Pursuer are roundstart perks, this would work in a similar way. The question is, for how long should it last and should it have any conditions? I have three ideas for that:
- The Undetectable lasts for a time limit, preferably something like 30 ~ 60 seconds.
- The Undetectable lasts until a survivor loses a health state.
- The Undetectable lasts until the killer enters into a chase.
A combination of the above ideas could also work, if deemed necessary.
I think this could be an interesting spin on the perk, and allow for some killers to play stealth early on and keep survivors guessing until the killer gets the drop on them. When I start a survivor match and don't hear a terror radius for a while, I have to start questioning if it's a stealth killer or if I just haven't been near the killer at all, and that keeps me on edge. This perk could help make it even more unclear who you're up against in the round until someone encounters them. It would also help counter survivor info perks from identifying the killer at the start of the game such as Alert and Fogwise. Also considering that Insidious is a generic perk available to everyone, I think this buff would make this into a useful perk for new players.
After the roundstart Undetectable wears off, Insidious would function the same as it always does.
Comments