"Dedicated server is not responding". Disconnect issue.

I am playing on the steam version of the game and I am receiving a disconnection message when I playing games. I normally play the role of killer and while I am playing normally, the game freeze and I am sent to the end game result screen. When this error happends my screen freeze and the character animation are stuck on a loop. Finally, I am kicked out from the game. Fortunately, I dont receive any Matchmaking penalty but this error is quite annoying. It happend to me regularly.

Tagged: Duplicate

Comments

  • They are most likely going to close this post and say it's a technical issue. Please contribute to one or more of these threads :

    @OrangeBear said:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/LKBS75HTFJ5C/image.png

    This bug in today's update was not fully addressed.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/T5JM6GJB3CF6/20231026171721-1.jpg

    I am still receiving DC penalties for this too.

    Please don't close this and say it's a technical issue. I've seen dozens of people online talk about this issue. I've been troubleshooting for weeks. I've contacted support and their advice did not work and i am now waiting on a further response.

    EDIT : Also i would like to add, three survivors disconnected this match as well. 2 of them at the start, another one mid match and then i got disconnected shortly after. So that just shows even more it's not a user side issue.

    PLEASE investigate this issue further. Because of the DC Penalty it can make the game unplayable.

    @EasternSpock said:

    I am on PS5 playing on US East Coast servers, and have posted before about being kicked from matches and receiving "Disconnected from Host" error messages. With the latest update, the error messages were changed to be more clear. It now says, "Dedicated server is not responding; disconnecting...".

    It happened to me today as Singularity right after I switched to a biopod, and suddenly realized I did not have a prompt to exit it. Though this is my first time experiencing this since the update, the same thing has been happening regularly in my matches since around January of 2023 and I have been receiving disconnect penalties for it which force me to stop playing the game. The error usually coincides with a change of health or hook states, using a killer power, performing an interaction, etc. Anything the server has to validate I suppose.

    I hope the fact that this new error message specifies it is an issue with the dedicated servers will help BHVR to quickly resolve it. This thread includes hundreds of comments from a number of players that regularly experience similar disconnections, which we can now see are an issue with servers not responding: https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/366497/forcefully-kicked-from-match/p1

    Please acknowledge this report, it's been an endlessly frustrating issue that has repeatedly prevented me from enjoying a game I've purchased content for. Video of one experience below, several other examples in the comments.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mpQESyFNww

    @chesnoodle said:

    Since I started regularly playing DBD again sometime in January, I have been continually forced out of matches and given a DC penalty, the highest being a 6-hour penalty that originally triggered me writing this post. I am now rewriting in hopes that someone at Behavior will take me a little more seriously, without losing all the discussion other people have had in the comments. I play DBD on Xbox Series S and this issue has occurred while in matches as both survivor and killer, you will find in the comments below that players on every platform are also experiencing this issue.

    I start by loading into DBD without any other games or apps running, I choose to play as either survivor or killer and load into a match without any issues. My latency is usually around 40-50 ms and I never have issues with my internet, I will play the match as I normally do, usually I am kicked while doing actions such as working on gens or attempting to vault in chase, it doesn't matter what point of the match it is or how long the match lasts. Sometimes when I am kicked there is no warning at all, while other times I will see other players running straight into walls or I will be unable to do any actions until I am kicked. I am always kicked to the endgame screen with a disconnected from host pop up, in the endgame screen it tells me that the killer has also disconnected from the match and I am able to see all of their perks, the killer is not disconnected as when I play with friends they are able to finish the match as usual. I click out of the error message and click back to go back to my lobby, I have never been kicked from my own lobby just the match itself. Whenever this happens I can check my latency and it does not change, if I am in an Xbox party with friends I do not get kicked from that party and they can hear me as it is happening, I will often tell them I am being kicked before it happens which I would not be able to do if this was an internet issue.

    I have found this happens more often when I sit in my lobby too long without readying up or when I switch to a different character, which makes it really hard if I am waiting for friends to join or I want to upgrade in my blood web. Even knowing this and avoiding doing those actions, I will still get kicked from matches and receive higher and higher penalties. I genuinely believe this is a server issue and not a personal internet issue.

    I ask that someone at least tries to look into this, as I would hate to no longer be able to play on my account I have spent money and worked hard on. I am willing to give more information as needed.

    Below is a clip of what happens while I am being kicked, as you can see I checked my latency in game and it seems to be fine. After the video ends the loading screen finishes and I am put in the end game screen with a “Disconnected from host” error. I can also see the killers username, prestige, and all of the perks they are running.

    https://youtu.be/PCIswJy8llk