I need some basic education on how "Bug reports" section works...

Hi.

I know how to create a bug report on that section, but thats about it. I have no clue whats going to happen next.

What "Under review" means? Does it means that info about bug was "handed over" to developers, but they didn't watch it yet? How long does it take for them to watch it if it's like that?

What "Acknowledge" means? Does it means that developers are aware about this bug and it's going to be fixed in the next patch or...?

I've seen some posts are actually being "Under review" for "ages". Even after 2 patch notes. I just want to know how it being worked.

Comments

  • As far as I know, there’s the following tags. Please know these are my own interpretations of them.

    Pending - the tag that appears on newly created bug reports. These have yet to be seen by anyone.

    Under Review - The first stage, although I’m not sure who goes over this one. I understand it as it being the stage where the developers are trying to confirm that what you’ve reported is in fact a bug, and is replicable.

    Acknowledged - Your bug report has been confirmed as a bug. A fix is likely being worked on.

    Fixed - pretty self-explanatory. If the fix is not live already, it will be soon.

    Not a Bug - Also pretty self-explanatory.

    Duplicate - Your bug has already been reported. To keep things clean, the more recent reports are closed.

    Denied - I’ve only seen this one a few times, and I’m not quite sure what this one means

  • Under Review is when the moderators have seen the report and have logged it their end.

    Denied is when something is not actually a bug, could be a technical issue or could be an intended feature.


    The rest of what GentlemanFridge said is correct

  • Thank you both!

    Now at least I know whats happening with bug reports. I'm gonna continue to report if I see something weird.