Hypothetical: Survivors with haste get a unique animation?
So I am sat bored in a hospital theatre waiting for my surgery on my hand, so I won't be able to play DBD for several weeks (sadge).
Devs have confirmed they are looking at MFT, but while here I started thinking... what if MFT were simply nerfed by giving it a unique animation when injured, similar to how Gabriel is running in the perk icon?
I then thought about it more, and wondered, what if this applied in general to haste? Say survivors with haste stoop forward slightly and runs a little more energetically like they're sprinting. The injured hasted run is more laboured but they don't clutch their side, say they lurch a little... like Hillbilly.
This I think would actually be quite useful for Killers, simply knowing a haste effect is in effect would make a big difference.
If you're playing Pig or Trapper, you get an m1, and see them run away injured sprinting, and continue to do so after the post hit boost expires... you know you're against MFT.
At this point you can just say "nope, chase build survivor, go for someone else".
I would imagine this hurts MFT a lot, because basically it becomes a "I know not to waste my time with you" perk, so you kinda screw your teammates over by taking it.
If you then go to pick up a dying survivor, the Killer can see your animation, so knows its coming. I seems like a small change that helps the Killer's info game a lot. Bitter Murmur may help you spot a Sprint Burst survivor easier and know its down on them, for example.
How do you think such a change would impact the game overall? (P.S. RIP Dark Theory).
Comments
Bahhhh... I got Rizzo'd...
While I meant it as a discussuon, kinda is a suggestion now I look at it again... Shame on me 😔
Sorry 🤣 that head line made me imagine survivor with a Naruto Sprint Animation.
Oh dear God... what have we set in motion!! xD