One bad instance of anti-camping firing up

I was in the Borgo map with a survivor hooked.

Right from the moment I've hooked, another survivor was looping around and I was chasing her. With all the clutter and the one pallet it took me a while to even hit her.

No matter : the survivor was able to unhook herself. (First hook of the match : no deliverance)

What was I supposed to do? Leave them both?

How annoying.

Thankfully it's the first time such injustice occurs.

Comments

  • I think you probably hit one of those really rare cases that is definitely the exception to the rule. I'm killer sided (I play more killer) than survivor, so when this thing took effect I expected the worst, but I've never had a jump off yet.

    But playing as a survivor I've carefully watched the meter, looking for an excuse to rage at it, but it does seem quite fair. I've had a few survivors who were very close at the time I got hooked, and the killer clearly knew they were around and were looking pretty close to me, and I never even came close to being able to jump off. The survivor proximity must have stalled it almost completely.

    What I want to know is this: If the killer hooks a survive, and IMMEDIATELY begins a chase with a survivor around the hook, and chases them for the entirety of the hook state, would that be enough to jump off, or is the survivors presence still enough to stall the meter?

    I haven't seen it happen yet, usually the chase happens too late (the hook state is too far along to judge) or eventually they both end up leaving, so I can't tell if 1 chase around the hook would get you off the hook.

    In theory it shouldn't. A killer should be allowed to chase a survivor around the hook the entire time. Its the survivors choice to be there, it should pause the timer. The killer shouldn't be punished for that. But from what you said above I guess its enough to get off?

    Unfortunately there are variables as well. Each loop is different. Is the survivor able to loop such that the survivor is further from the hook than the killer most of the loop? Therefore making the game think you are camping more than you are?