Is the game a laggy mess for everyone or just ps4 players?

Only since the SM update. Seriously, is this somehow only me? I've got awesome internet and no problems in any other games. Genshin shows 25ms ping and I don't get any high ping notification on dbd. Ever since the update literally nobody turns. Survivors and killers will just be running one direction then the next without any transition. As a killer I can get hits from stupid far with lunge attacks and have even been getting grabs off gens without stealth killers. Then if I'm actually chasing in a legit deadzone I get spun, but not like 360 spun. Survivors just make acute angle direction changes like they bounced off a damn mirror. I still get hits and downs and hooks, but they never feel earned, and the hits I earn just get stolen by lag. It's ultimately not fun at all. I've been playing since before we had Tomes and I've never seen the game in this poor of a state. I reported this as a bug already, but I'm really hoping to get opinions and experiences of others here.

Are others experiencing this? Has anyone found a workaround or solution?

Please respond with 'Sounds like a skill issue', 'git gud', etc if you've had similar issues.

Comments

  • Not sure if this is helpful, but I can givenyou some details as a previous gen player on Xbox One. I'm on a London server with very good internet.

    I've not experienced any problems myself, but I have read on here a couple of other PS4 players have issues with lag and such.

    This leads to the possibility this is a PS4 issue only, because if it was a problem with all previous gens not being strong enough I'd also have that problem.

    Whatever it is, I hope it clears up for you.

  • The PS4 was barely able to handle the game 3 years ago as it is and unfortunately it is known that the PS4 used garbage-tier network hardware/software. Symptom of Japanese development, unfortunately.