New Anti-Camping Mechanic is Useless

I've noticed with the new update when the anti-camping mechanic was added, I feel like it's only encouraged more camping. Proxy camping is all I'm seeing in every game now. The toxicity is strong. Also, the tunneling has increased. The bar on the anti-camp does not fill up very fast at all. I've never been able to unhook myself, but the entire time I'm hooked, I'm either basically face-camped, or being proxy camped. A combination of the two and I'm STILL just dead on hook. When I'm unhooked by teammates, I'm getting hard tunneled more than usual as well!

What's up with this? Are people just playing like jerks in spite of the new mechanic? Like, this isn't a power struggle. Just play the game normally!


While we're at it... Why was vaulting nerfed? We get hit through vaulting so often that the nerf is just a slap in the face to survivors.

Comments

  • There is literally no anti camping mechanic in the game. The devs even stated camping is a valid tool in the killer's arsenal, though it comes at a cost of gen protection. Risk vs reward.

    I'm thinking you're actually talking about the anti-facecamp mechanic which has literally nothing to do with proxy camping. It's to stop bubbas from parking their butt on top of a hook for a no win situation.

  • The mechanic exists for the rare times where a survivor is on hook and the killer stands right in front of the hook with the goal of doing nothing else but forcing that one survivor to die on hook. Bonus points if the killer has instant down ability so trading isn't an option.

    The best play for the team is for the other 3 to do gens, but that wasn't a very fun situation for the hooked survivor. So now the hooked survivor in that situation gets an opportunity to come back into the game when their teammates do the optimal play.

  • @RpTheHotrod said:

    There is literally no anti camping mechanic in the game. The devs even stated camping is a valid tool in the killer's arsenal, though it comes at a cost of gen protection. Risk vs reward.

    I'm thinking you're actually talking about the anti-facecamp mechanic which has literally nothing to do with proxy camping. It's to stop bubbas from parking their butt on top of a hook for a no win situation.

    I mained Bubba for years, it's still winnable. Fighting off a coordinated team isn't a freebie, that's all I'm saying.

    Bubba is hands-down the best at dealing with a group, but once he uses his charges, he's M1 for several seconds, more than enough for unhooking. Bubbas don't bring M1 perks, so it's safer than other killers.

  • The Anti-Face-Camping mechanic does not prevent Proxy-Camping. its not supposed to.

  • Proxy camping always made me raise an eyebrow more than face camping. It really shows lack of skill by the player in my humble opinion. Face campers just want to throw the match I feel, as long as others do gens and the person stays on hook, they usually lose.

    I respect killers more who can walk away from the hook and go after someone else and still get 4K. Always nice to come across killers who play well.