Bloodlust
Please consider letting the killer gain bloodlust when they don't have direct sight of the survivor they are chasing. I just had a game as Deathslinger on the hospital map and after a certain point I just couldn't catch up to survivors because I never could catch sight of them to start a chase and gain bloodlust and ofcourse it was made worse because I could almost never use my power on that map because there were so many rooms and line of sight blockers. I think that killer and map combination has to be one of the worst in the game right up there with Myers on Eeyrie of crows.
Comments
Buffing blood lust is always too risky. Reason being is the more you do it, the more you reward bad killers potentially.
It happens all the time that the chase is not decided to start or is terminated. Honestly, I would like to see this fixed a little better.
If the chase ends when you're in a standoff with an obstacle in between, the survivor is walking well. This is because if you run, the chase is considered to be continuing. This should be a compliment to your opponent's skill.
Ooops to be clear I couldn't catch sight of them despite following their scratch marks (chasing them) for over 30s because I was using such a slow killer so I could never catch up to them because they would run as soon as they heard my terror radius
How can you gain BL if you stop to use your weapon? Maybe that's what you were doing and couldn't catch up to them? Using your ability power I think stops you from gaining BL, as well as slows down your movement speed. If you just followed scratchmarks you'd catch up to them at some point even without BL cause killers have higher movement speed than survivors.
Also you aren't mentioning if this happened before or during EGC, which could mean they had brought Hope + MFT.