OFF THE RECORD

Off the record isn't granting the endurance status effect for the 60/70/80 seconds duration.

Tagged: Under Review

Comments

  • For me it's fine and I use the perk every time.

    Are you sure you weren't hit right after the unhook? Or did you do a totem/gen/heal?

    And remember, as soon as the last Gen is finished the perk deactivates.

  • @LapisInfernalis said:

    For me it's fine and I use the perk every time.

    Are you sure you weren't hit right after the unhook? Or did you do a totem/gen/heal?

    And remember, as soon as the last Gen is finished the perk deactivates.

    Hello LapisInfernalis. Thanks for getting back to me.

    I was mid healing a fellow survivor before the killer interrupted and downed me while the perk was still active (I was not hit by the killer prior/the exits gates were not powered yet.)

    Does healing cancels off the endurance status effect? even when not fully healing yourself or another survivor? I'm new to using Off The Record and maybe there's a well known repercussions to having endurance which doesn't need specifying, but the perk's description doesn't mention that working on totem/gen/heal would cancel off the effect.

  • @Akuivxii said:

    Hello LapisInfernalis. Thanks for getting back to me.

    I was mid healing a fellow survivor before the killer interrupted and downed me while the perk was still active (I was not hit by the killer prior/the exit gates were not powered yet.)

    Does healing cancels off the endurance status effect? even when not fully healing yourself or another survivor? I'm new to using Off The Record and maybe there are well known repercussions to having endurance which doesn't normally need specifying, but the perk's description doesn't mention that working on totem/gen/heal would cancel off the effect.

    Any conspicuous action cancels anti tunnel perks cause it detected that you’re no longer getting chased/tunneled

  • @D0NN1ED4RK0 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3563349#Comment_3563349

    Any conspicuous action cancels anti tunnel perks cause it detected that you’re no longer getting chased/tunneled

    Thanks for clearing that up DONN1ED4RK0!

    I wish this is further clarified within the anti tunnel perks' descriptions, otherwise they don't really work as descried.

  • @Akuivxii said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3563353#Comment_3563353

    Thanks for clearing that up DONN1ED4RK0!

    I wish this is further clarified within the anti tunnel perks' descriptions, otherwise they don't really work as descried.

    No worries! And I think it’s written usually at the bottom of the perks description

    like at the bottom of decisive strikes description it says a conspicuous action disables it

    but I’m not sure if the same thing is in OTR’s description altho it does get disabled when you do a conspicuous action

  • @D0NN1ED4RK0 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3563363#Comment_3563363

    No worries! And I think it’s written usually at the bottom of the perks description

    like at the bottom of decisive strikes description it says a conspicuous action disables it

    but I’m not sure if the same thing is in OTR’s description altho it does get disabled when you do a conspicuous action

    You're right, it does say so at the bottom of Decisive Strike's description, just not for Off The Record's. I'll put two and two together and keep in mind that anti tunnel perks are affected by conspicuous action if the game doesn't happen to mentioned it.

    Thanks again and have a nice day!

  • @Akuivxii said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3563367#Comment_3563367

    You're right, it does say so at the bottom of Decisive Strike's description, just not for Off The Record's. I'll put two and two together and keep in mind that anti tunnel perks are affected by conspicuous action if the game doesn't happen to mentioned it.

    Thanks again and have a nice day!

    Np! And same goes to ya :D

  • @Akuivxii said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3563353#Comment_3563353

    Thanks for clearing that up DONN1ED4RK0!

    I wish this is further clarified within the anti tunnel perks' descriptions, otherwise they don't really work as descried.

    It isn’t in OTR’s description because it’s a rule for Endurance in general - any Endurance effect is canceled by conspicuous actions, even if it came from something that has nothing to do with anti-tunnel. They do not cancel OTR’s other two effects however, so you’ll still see the perk active for the full 80 seconds even if you lose your Endurance.

  • @sizzlingmario4 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3563363#Comment_3563363

    It isn’t in OTR’s description because it’s a rule for Endurance in general - any Endurance effect is canceled by conspicuous actions, even if it came from something that has nothing to do with anti-tunnel. They do not cancel OTR’s other two effects however, so you’ll still see the perk active for the full 80 seconds even if you lose your Endurance.

    Gotcha. Had a feeling it might have been an "unwritten" rule that seasoned players would get.

    Thank you so much sizzlingmario4!

  • @sizzlingmario4 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3563363#Comment_3563363

    It isn’t in OTR’s description because it’s a rule for Endurance in general - any Endurance effect is canceled by conspicuous actions, even if it came from something that has nothing to do with anti-tunnel. They do not cancel OTR’s other two effects however, so you’ll still see the perk active for the full 80 seconds even if you lose your Endurance.

    Ahhh that makes sense

    cause I often run soul guard and would notice the endurance gets cancelled whenever I get up and heal a teammate so now that makes sense why it cancels

  • @Akuivxii said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3563282#Comment_3563282

    Hello LapisInfernalis. Thanks for getting back to me.

    I was mid healing a fellow survivor before the killer interrupted and downed me while the perk was still active (I was not hit by the killer prior/the exits gates were not powered yet.)

    Does healing cancels off the endurance status effect? even when not fully healing yourself or another survivor? I'm new to using Off The Record and maybe there's a well known repercussions to having endurance which doesn't need specifying, but the perk's description doesn't mention that working on totem/gen/heal would cancel off the effect.

    Yes. Any action besides doing killer objectives like disarming traps, cleansing etc removes endurance. Even if you just do it for one second.

    So you starting to heal removed it.