Hot take: The game is near perfect, currently enjoying this game!
Hi.
From the killer's perspective the game is literally near perfect compared to what we've had in 2017+
From survivor's perspective the game is more fair compared to 2017+
Killer's and survivor's expirience never been more balanced than it is now.
I wanted to share the most delightful changes that I most adore.
- Due to faster killer's vault speed, bloodlust, map changes and window blocking - the infinites are gone.
- Numerous bug fixes to stuff that survivors could do to prevent killer from playing the game.
- Unstopable locker grabs blinds - gone.
- Most very annoying survivor perks that were unfair to most killer roaster - gone. Mft alone is nothing compared to what survivors used before. (I still think MFT+HOPE needs to be touched)
- Some tiles rework.
- Built-in BT for survivors.
- Ugly hook grabs which created a very awkward scenarios - gone.
- Adding a HUD to survivors for a much better solo expirience.
- Nurse is finally in a "somewhat" fair place, due to changes to her blink attacks and addon pass.
- Gens got +10 sec to repair. Even if it's not enough - it's still a BIG +
- Overall buff to killers actions due to unexpected lower killrates.
Now the developers adressing one of the most discussed topic since probably the game exists - Camping.
Some bugs here and there after patches, but it's a part of the game development.
The game has never felt more fair and balanced, as it is now.
Personal verdict: Bloody good job so far. For real. Thank you for reading - I'm gonna go do some killing, see you soon!
Comments
So yeah..it's better than few years ago ? Some things are but it could be a lot better
It was just that the beginning was so bad that I couldn't even look at it.Sprint burst every 40 seconds, jungle with full stains, infinite loop window.
It's certainly better than in the past, but back then there was a lack of understanding of the game and opponents made mistakes. It's different now. Regardless of the people you meet through loose matching, if an opponent with the same level of skill comes to Survivor, the Killer usually has no chance of winning.
I agree with some of this, but for me the high point of this game was still Chains of Hate, maybe just after with the Bubba rework and the removal of DS/UB god mode.
Near perfect? That's a stretch. The game is in a good spot, sure. But there are still many issues, that need to be dealt with.
Personally, I realise more and more that as the game becomes more and more balanced it loses some of its charm. I know, I'm a traitor to my own cause but sometimes I wish they would bring the unbalanced things back. Just for a day. Or a different game mode. I would love to play on old Haddonfield again even though I know how terrible it was and I would also like to play Burger King Myers again. I miss the old Coldwinds too. Sometimes I would even like to play with the 2021 meta again. Not for long though.
Play styles have also changed drastically. Survivors used to do a bunch more risky stuff because they had the tools to still come out on top and killers were more wary of DS and Unbreakable and played more ambitious (not sure if that's the right word).
Maybe I'm just romanticising but I would like to go back for just a while and have a laugh at how broken some things were.