Chat privileges on console?

When I boot up DbD and initialize on Xbox Series X|S, I see many different tasks happen, but the one that lasts the longest (4-5 seconds) is "Updating Chat Privileges."

Does this mean that console will be getting some form of chat capabilities in the future?

If not, I could really do without the extra 5 seconds of loading every time I boot up the game.

Comments

  • @Nos37 said:

    When I boot up DbD and initialize on Xbox Series X|S, I see many different tasks happen, but the one that lasts the longest (4-5 seconds) is "Updating Chat Privileges."

    Does this mean that console will be getting some form of chat capabilities in the future?

    If not, I could really do without the extra 5 seconds of loading every time I boot up the game.

    My guess would be every platform loads up everything DBD has to offer, implemented or not.

  • Hopefully not Xbox DBD players are the most toxic & vile players I've ever encountered in 20 years of online gaming. So much so that I had to disable messages outside of my friends list on Xbox after only playing for 5 days when I first started. PC players can get a bit salty from time to time in end game chat, but its absolutely nothing like the type of abuse you get sent on Xbox.

  • @Lost_Boy said:

    Hopefully not Xbox DBD players are the most toxic & vile players I've ever encountered in 20 years of online gaming. So much so that I had to disable messages outside of my friends list on Xbox after only playing for 5 days when I first started. PC players can get a bit salty from time to time in end game chat, but its absolutely nothing like the type of abuse you get sent on Xbox.

    It's the opposite for me.

    PC is full of death threats against myself and my family. Or them wishing AIDS upon me.

    Xbox is just whiny rants about camping, tunneling, looping, not attempting (predicatbly terrible) basement rescues, or leaving the last survivor on the hook for hatch. I've only had to report a handful of messages. Most of them were attempts to bypass profanity and only a few were actual profanity. Never threats or the digsusting things said on PC.