Is it Time to Basekit NOED?

Ok the title is more of an attention grabber, and to check who actually will read the body here, so let me list the pre-req first before I've lost your attention. Basekit NOED when there are no dead Survivors going into endgame. I'll get into the nitty gritty details below.

I've off-handedly mentioned this in other threads on various topics, but I've finally decided to make it a thread on its own. Many people complain about the gens going to fast, so they feel like they have to tunnel someone out, or gen speeds need to be adjusted solo or coop, or their wife left them because they've spent too much time in the game, so nerf Survivor. Ok maybe not that last one, but still, complaints about the Killer experience / game speed are plenty common. So I tried to think of something that would help Killers that TRULY need the help, but not needlessly hurt the Survivor experience at the same time. So I figured, maybe basekitting NOED would help.

Now for a basekit NOED to not just be utter bull schenanigans, it would need to hurt genrushers, but not impact normal matches. So with that, what do we need? Well first, all Survivors would probably need to be alive. Also, to not simply give the Killer a free win, we likely would need to have some disabling circumstances. A Killer shouldn't be able to bring 4 other endgame perks and get NOED for a free 5th perk. So basekit NOED would be active in endgame only while there are 4 standing Survivors. If 1 Survivor is downed/on hook/dead, the basekit version will not be active, and death will disable the totem altogether like Ruin. The totem would still be active, but the perk effects would not be.

Now assuming someone says something along the lines of "I'm just a normal Survivor player, I shouldn't be punished for a Killer being bad at the game", then I agree, you can cleanse all 5 totems if you fear a basekit NOED. Hopefully this will give the Killer more time to actually hunt down the Survivors and feel like they had a fighting chance. If Survivors 'HAVE' to pre-cleanse all the totems, that takes 70s on the totems, and lets underestimate 20s to search and walk over to reach all 5. That gives the weaker Killers who need extra time essentially a 6th gen. But even if the Survivors see the Killer is turbo tunneling the Meg out of the game, they can bypass the totems and purposely only pump gens instead. This way, spreading the pressure (the desired gameplay) encourages cleansing totems to waste essentially an extra gen's worth of time.

Now what if the Killer decided to also bring the perk NOED? Well we have a few paths to take here. One is to have it function like an Undying, and both totems work as a full power perk NOED. Another path is have the perk and basekit function independently and stack. The final path is the perk overrides the basekit and is always a single perk going into endgame. (There could also be in-betweens for these that others might come up with.)

Just to lay out the rules again, here is just basekit NOED's rules.

Basekit NOED: When no Survivors are dead going into endgame, basekit NOED spawns. While a Survivor is in the dying state or on hook, the totem is lit, but inactive. If basekit NOED was active, then a Survivor dies by any means, then the totem disables like Ruin.

Comments

  • @DrDucky said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3561809#Comment_3561809

    I feel like in that respect should we not just introduce less complex and potentially controversial ways of rewarding killers for hooking multiple survivors? You wrote a lot and I think I get the basic idea, but whilst your intent is good and if this was to in theory happen and MMR did align this way then yes it would be better. But as I read this I just realised it can be boiled down to a much simpler: "why dont we just rewarding hooking multiple survivors more and change mmr to better reflect this?".

    To quote the taco girl 'por que no las dos' or however you said it, idk, I don't speak Spanish (Why not both, in other words). Ideally I'd hope for both, and this is a baby-step that utilizes existing mechanics to work towards that end. I've come up with more complicated mechanics to reward split pressure, like a Devour Hope styled speed boost post-hook disabled on power use, that way it helps the Killers without mobility, but doesn't overly buff Killers with mobility. I've also recommended other things, but in general, they were much more complicated than a lesser version of an existing perk like this suggestion for a lesser basekit NOED.

  • @mizark3 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3562519#Comment_3562519

    To quote the taco girl 'por que no las dos' or however you said it, idk, I don't speak Spanish (Why not both, in other words). Ideally I'd hope for both, and this is a baby-step that utilizes existing mechanics to work towards that end. I've come up with more complicated mechanics to reward split pressure, like a Devour Hope styled speed boost post-hook disabled on power use, that way it helps the Killers without mobility, but doesn't overly buff Killers with mobility. I've also recommended other things, but in general, they were much more complicated than a lesser version of an existing perk like this suggestion for a lesser basekit NOED.

    I feel like a reward for just hooking a guy like a mini pop basekit or something is also completely fine, non complex and benefits all killers pretty much equally.

1 2 ›