Race to the Haste

The status effect is such a cool game mechanic, but the haste is kinda losing its purpose.

To go against a survivor or killer with multiple haste perks and add-ons over and over sets up such stale matches. You just feel like you need to run something of the sort to keep up with it.

It reminds me of that Economics expression "race to the bottom" which means reaching a counterpoised symmetry by giving everyone similar incentives. The combo "Made for this + hope" got popular, then came chase Hag, Rapid Brutality and now basekit Trapper haste. Where does it end? Just add Sonic the Hedgehog as the killer at this point.

Maybe it's time to move foward into new status effects or new game mechanics. Early this year I proposed the Liability status effect, but now I get it's not good. Anyway, I believe in you guys, something awesome will come ❤️.

Comments

  • Perk Haste effects needs to entirely go away outside of the limits of lithe/balanced/sprint burst/pwyf

    Heck, I'd prefer sprint burst to go away entirely, but I know it's been a staple for quite some time.

  • They need to make it so haste doesn't stack. Only the highest active value is applied. Then, they can actually introduce a lot more interesting haste perks without worrying that people will just run 4 of them and run around at 500% movement speed.

  • Hard disagree.

    Gens are boring. On either side. Bringing a perk that only affect gens is a wasted slot from fun perspective. I love every perk that's a viable alternative of a gen-perk.

    Chase is fun! Bring more perks that affect chase, and keep buffing them! It's a good direction! MFT, Coup, Rapid Brutality... it's happening! Sure, we can (and should) argue balance details, but the concept is good.

    It's the dawning of speed meta I'm tellin' ya! Embrace it brothers!

    (don't you dare bringing up Nurse and Blight. Make those guys face 6 survivors instead of 4 or something so we can forget about them)