Ability to turn off aim assist/aim dressing
Devs, can you please give us an ability to turn off aim assist/aim dressing? I understand it's only used to make hits that actually hit, appear visually more like one would imagine a hit would look like, but it sometimes simply doesn't work as intended and robs you of a hit.
Simply make it a on/off toggle (since I imagine console players would be frustrated as all hell from missed hits without it on)
Comments
Oh no I hate the aim dressing as well, and I'm on Xbox. Many many times, especially in tight spaces, a surv wiggling wildly will cause the game to pull me and and my camera hard over. I'll smack the walls, a pallet, a rock, a tree, or thin bloody air instead of the surv.
However without the aim dressing hits can and did back then look ridiculous and quite unbelievable.
Imagine those latency hits through windows that look like bs to the surv but the killer sees them right up the surv's bunghole being commonplace.
Since everything I've seen on the subject implies that it's only trying to make the hit appear more realistic, but that it would have been a hit anyway, except when it bugs out and robs you of it, if I am to choose between being robbed of a hit or survivor calling bs because a hit looks weird, I choose the second option. As a survivor if I get a hit that looks bs, but it still should have hit, then oh well.
Bs hits exist because of hurtboxes and hitboxes not being bound to how the weapon/survivors look and latency being a thing. Maybe with better net code things could improve one day, but until then I'll be okay with any bs hits while playing as either side.
I absolutely despise the aim dressing. It has caused me to miss quite a few hits that would have hit otherwise.