So why can't we see the hatch's aura as killer when we down the last survivor?

There's no reason that this shouldn't be a thing. Make it easier for killers that want to give hatch. It sucks to go all over and still not find it so you give up and hook them. It won't affect the game but it would be a really nice QOL change that would generally just be a nice thing to have.

Comments

  • Actually, that'd be really nice to have.

  • I am lazy person, so I just show them I am able to hook them, force them wiggle out and just watch second monitor while they search for it.

    I had two games where survivor actually finished gens instead (2 and 3 gens left). It seemed quite funny to me, I guess they wanted left for dead achievement...

  • @DaddyMyers_Mori said:

    I am lazy person, so I just show them I am able to hook them, force them wiggle out and just watch second monitor while they search for it.

    I had two games where survivor actually finished gens instead (2 and 3 gens left). It seemed quite funny to me, I guess they wanted left for dead achievement...

    Same. I never understood the 'no wiggle if you want hatch' killers. The Entity gave the survivors legs so they can find it for themselves.

    The idea is still good, we could point them in the right direction.

  • Uhm, the game isnt designed for the Killer to be nice. bHVR should not design the game around nice friendly Killers.

    But otherwise, If I see a Killer pick me up, look around, drop me down, go kick the hatch, pick me back up, try to put me on hook, fail, we run around for less than a min, down me and hook me. I'm going to complain to bhvr the INSTANT, okay? ok.

    I found you two reasons.

  • @Emeal said:

    Uhm, the game isnt designed for the Killer to be nice. bHVR should not design the game around nice friendly Killers.

    But otherwise, If I see a Killer pick me up, look around, drop me down, go kick the hatch, pick me back up, try to put me on hook, fail, we run around for less than a min, down me and hook me. I'm going to complain to bhvr the INSTANT, okay? ok.

    I found you two reasons.

    That's the fault of the player and not the game. As you've said, you've shown that you're okay with killers not being nice so... your reasons cancel eachother out.

  • @Emeal said:

    Uhm, the game isnt designed for the Killer to be nice. bHVR should not design the game around nice friendly Killers.

    But otherwise, If I see a Killer pick me up, look around, drop me down, go kick the hatch, pick me back up, try to put me on hook, fail, we run around for less than a min, down me and hook me. I'm going to complain to bhvr the INSTANT, okay? ok.

    I found you two reasons.

    Yeah, I have done this few times for that hook during EGC challenge..

  • @FilthyLegionRevival said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3554698#Comment_3554698

    That's the fault of the player and not the game. As you've said, you've shown that you're okay with killers not being nice so... your reasons cancel eachother out.

    What.. they cancel each other out? What does that even mean? That's not how Game Design works buddy.

  • @Emeal said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3554701#Comment_3554701

    What.. they cancel each other out? What does that even mean? That's not how Game Design works buddy.

    Of course. That's because it isn't solely the games fault that people will use it for ill intent. It's hard for game designers to account for jerks in the playerbase that will abuse a mechanic that was built with good things in mind.

  • @FilthyLegionRevival said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3554705#Comment_3554705

    Of course. That's because it isn't solely the games fault that people will use it for ill intent. It's hard for game designers to account for jerks in the playerbase that will abuse a mechanic that was built with good things in mind.

    No, that would be bad game design to implement systems jerks could use for ill intent. That would mean the Designer needs to re-evaluate or fix the flaw. You don't just release an obviously flawed and hope players wont be horrible, that would be a mistake.

  • @Emeal said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3554730#Comment_3554730

    No, that would be bad game design to implement systems jerks could use for ill intent. That would mean the Designer needs to re-evaluate or fix the flaw. You don't just release an obviously flawed and hope players wont be horrible, that would be a mistake.

    You're playing a game that's full of these flaws. Personally, I would prefer for an option to hold m2 to have a little cutscene play out with the killer giving survivor mercy and sending them down the hatch but I don't think they would be able to pull that off which is why I'm trying to be realistic.

  • @FilthyLegionRevival said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3554735#Comment_3554735

    You're playing a game that's full of these flaws. Personally, I would prefer for an option to hold m2 to have a little cutscene play out with the killer giving survivor mercy and sending them down the hatch but I don't think they would be able to pull that off which is why I'm trying to be realistic.

    Well even if DbD WAS full of flaws, adding one more with your idea here would not be preferable.

  • @FilthyLegionRevival said:

    There's no reason that this shouldn't be a thing. Make it easier for killers that want to give hatch. It sucks to go all over and still not find it so you give up and hook them. It won't affect the game but it would be a really nice QOL change that would generally just be a nice thing to have.

    A very long time ago I vied for a cool mechanic: when the killer picks the last survivor up, they can hold e or f or whatever for 5s and enter mercy mode. Now they can't M1 anymore, see the hatch and gain a sizable movement speed bonus. Basically they can easily deliver the survivor to the hatch and can't backstab them. In the same vain they can't hold the game hostage because the survivor can still wriggle off. 30s after a survivor is delivered by the killer to the hatch or they wriggled out of a killer in mercy mode, the hatch closes automatically.

  • I can see killers getting a new base perk to be able to see hatch, its only fair that survivors also have to bring a perk to see it

  • @FilthyLegionRevival said:

    There's no reason that this shouldn't be a thing. Make it easier for killers that want to give hatch. It sucks to go all over and still not find it so you give up and hook them. It won't affect the game but it would be a really nice QOL change that would generally just be a nice thing to have.

    If you want to give survivors a hatch, don't do anything.

    He finds it himself and leaves.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    There has been times when I've been able to crawl to hatch and I'm sure the killer wouldn't have given me hatch. This would make it almost impossible.

    I personally never understood the need to carry a survivor to hatch. If you want them to have it just don't slug them. If you are worried about them wasting time if you find it first close it and force them to open the gates.

    Now that you've gone into more detail unlike another person who replied here, this makes my other concept of a mercy option a better idea.

    Here's the idea I mentioned, by the way.

    @FilthyLegionRevival said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3554735#Comment_3554735

    You're playing a game that's full of these flaws. Personally, I would prefer for an option to hold m2 to have a little cutscene play out with the killer giving survivor mercy and sending them down the hatch but I don't think they would be able to pull that off which is why I'm trying to be realistic.