They should buff Decisive Strike

I know this may sound crazy after the years of abuse from this Perk, but let me explain.

What is the Perk suppose to do? Punish the Killer for tunneling you, simple.

What it actually does? Slightly inconveniences the Killer for tunneling you, once. (if you fail the Skill Check it's a wasted Perk slot)

So what would I change about it?


Decisive Strike

  • Can be used multiple times per match. (this generally means twice per match)
  • Increased the stun duration to 4 seconds. (~1 second is spend getting of the Killer's shoulder, meaning you have only about 2 seconds to get away with the current version which is basically nothing)
  • Failing the Skill Check no longer disables it forever. (it just won't do anything)

Just a few QoL changes, what do you think?

Comments

  • @AhoyWolf said:

    I know this may sound crazy after the years of abuse from this Perk, but let me explain.

    What is the Perk suppose to do? Punish the Killer for tunneling you, simple.

    What it actually does? Slightly inconveniences the Killer for tunneling you, once. (if you fail the Skill Check it's a wasted Perk slot)

    So what would I change about it?

    Decisive Strike

    • Can be used multiple times per match. (this generally means twice per match)
    • Increased the stun duration to 4 seconds. (~1 second is spend getting of the Killer's shoulder, meaning you have only about 2 seconds to get away with the current version which is basically nothing)
    • Failing the Skill Check no longer disables it forever. (it just won't do anything)

    Just a few QoL changes, what do you think?

    I am agaisnt that, as I prefer as a only Anti tunneling perks and cannot be abuse multiple times after one unhook alone.

    My quality of life improvement changes to bring it back to usefulness!

    *Revert to 4 second stun. No more, to help with average m1 killers

    *Make specifically mobility based killer power, like Nurse, Blight, Spirit, etc. That requires tokens to used, reset after being stunned with DS. If I play Nurse and get hit with a 4 second DS; then I shouldn't be able to immediately teleport if I have no blink tokens and need to wait for them built up again.

    *One Use per hook, you can used it a 2nd time after the second hook; but no more. I am fine with giving a Survivor to DS Mutiple limited uses of DS, but only if they are purely being tunneling. Of course, conspicuous actions and Endgame will disable this perk completely.

  • @AhoyWolf said:

    I know this may sound crazy after the years of abuse from this Perk, but let me explain.

    What is the Perk suppose to do? Punish the Killer for tunneling you, simple.

    What it actually does? Slightly inconveniences the Killer for tunneling you, once. (if you fail the Skill Check it's a wasted Perk slot)

    So what would I change about it?

    Decisive Strike

    • Can be used multiple times per match. (this generally means twice per match)
    • Increased the stun duration to 4 seconds. (~1 second is spend getting of the Killer's shoulder, meaning you have only about 2 seconds to get away with the current version which is basically nothing)
    • Failing the Skill Check no longer disables it forever. (it just won't do anything)

    Just a few QoL changes, what do you think?

    I think its fine as is. people underestimate its strength. I think it should stay the way it is now, but drain power tokens on activation.

    side note: direct buffs are not QoL

  • 4 seconds, no skillcheck would make it decent against hard tunneling (only 1 use not 2), right now it's useless, it's weak and you can miss skillcheck pretty easily

  • These aren't QoL changes, they're buffs (which is fine, DS is a little underwhelming but they're still not QoL changes).

    Increasing the Stun timer to 4 seconds is probably fine, I agree with that one.

    Missing the Skill check not deactivating the perk is also a feature I'd love to see (totally not because I miss DS skill checks nuh uh).

    Not sure about allowing it to be used twice, though. That might be a little much. It'd probably make it better than the pre-nerf iteration.