Recommendations for good horror books?
Hello everyone. Lately I’ve been into reading horror books. I just can’t get enough of them! I am looking for your best recommendations. What are some that have stood out to you as extremely scary?
Hello everyone. Lately I’ve been into reading horror books. I just can’t get enough of them! I am looking for your best recommendations. What are some that have stood out to you as extremely scary?
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Various books by James Herbert are extremely good at creating visceral horror and imagery. I remember reading "The Fog" which contained some rather grotesque scenes and a sickly feel throughout. Definitely check that author out!
Also - and you may already be aware of this - but "I have no mouth and I must scream" also hits hard.
Yeah I haven't read it but it's on my list. Stephen King is my recomendation like IT or the Outsider.
Beside Stephen King I also like Cliver Barker. They both have short story collections so your best bet is to pick one of those up.
Thank you everyone so much for your recommendations 😊
When i was a kid i remember really enjoying Escape from the furnace books. I haven't read them in years tho
The Walking Dead