Cheater Bots - Why haven't they been stopped yet?
- Trial starts
- Killer teleports to first surviror
- Killer instantly put survivor into dying state
- Killer pick up survivor and teleport them into the basement where it will be hooked
- Survivor gets instantly sacrificed
- Killer repearts this with all 4 survivors within less than 60 seconds
- Trial ends
- Cheater promotes his cheats in chat
Why haven't they been stopped yet? I wrote my first ticket about that kind of cheater bots two months ago. Of course, these bots are regularly banned, now within less than 3 hours of my report. However, I'm now seriously wondering whether there are any protective measures on the server at all. This behavior should be easy for the server to recognize. This doesn't even have to happen through the match server. If four survivor clients report that they were sacrificed in less than 60 seconds after the trial started, why isn't the match flagged by the server that gets the reports? There are many ideas on how to recognize the bots during the game or even after the game. But absolutely nothing is done.
And on top of that, Fog Whisperers receive special protection in that their lobbies consist of pre-filtered players that are most likely no cheaters. However, the normal player regularly get annoyed with cheaters.
Reporting cheaters is still ridiculously difficult. Starting with the pointless chat bot, to cutting and uploading videos, to regularly changing the password on the Zen support platform.
I'm seriously 🤬 about this situation.
Comments
Yea, I saw I think one yesterday and now today as well but that one from yesterday got allready banned I think since I got report feedback quite quickly.
At least they get banned fast but still... there is a lot of them and it seems like banning is no issue really since they have like XXX+ accounts ready to go somehow.
Install "OBS"
Record a movie.
Report the player in game.
Optionally edit the video with "shotcut".
Upload the video on Youtube. Prefereably put timestamps of the key moments in the description.
Fill an additional report explaining the problem and pointing to the video.
The page is : https://support.deadbydaylight.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
I do that for every cheater I find and I usually get fast reactions from support.
I understand the Reporting System is not the easiest to use, but as drsoontm said, when the proper steps are taken, they are looked into and handled quickly.
There are other methods aside from OBS for PC (I use NVidia's recording capability), and consoles have built-in recording abilities, and often can upload to platforms like Youtube from the console itself (simply ensure the video is marked as unlisted).
Whether uploaded directly to the report, or uploaded to YT and linked in the report, this is REQUIRED for reports of cheating or hacking along with the in-game report, required for all report types to flag the match and player(s) in question. We do not ban without solid, irrefutable proof of wrongdoing, and when video evidence provides that, people are indeed banned for hacking or cheating.
We have the Game Rules and Report process here to review and keep handy if needed: https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/kb/articles/139-game-rules
When you have need t report a player for breaking the in-game rules, you can go to the Support Page, and in the lower-right corner, submit reports there, by clicking on the chat button.