Console Keyboard/mouse + mm
I' ve been playing this game for 5 years now as main killer on PC. Long story short, I can't play anymore on PC, so a few months ago I bought it on Xbox... I've been playing with a controller and 2 things I've noticed:
-1st. Playing with a controller as killer is pretty bad and it feels all time "unfair". Sure, you can play it and even win against SWF sometimes,but its just not feel right for sure. Even more with such greatness level design and fluid movement with killers like Twins or Wesker.
-2nd. We are playing with and against people with Keyboard and mouse. In Xbox there are tons of game k/m compatible.
Why DbD is not compatible ? We are playing using crossplay. In PC you can play with k/m and controller but in console we can't play with k/m. What's the point here?
Matchmaking
I know i'm not as good with a controller but the MM for some reason with an account with devotion 1, is giving me matches against "literally" the same groups of tryharders that I faced on PC (twitch groups with dev36-39)... Getting bullied over and over... I bought Knight yesterday thinking on that "each killer has its own SBMM". Yeah, for sure. First game 3 ttv users prestige 100 t-bagging. More experienced players on coms... Amazing experience...
I wish I could "get gud" playing with a controller. But since the matchmaking is pushing me playing against people with MUCH MUCH but MUCH more level, hours & experience (over and over and over), this experience is not worth my time (never felt something like that playing on PC).
Btw, playing as survivor with controller is pretty decent. But I don't like playing as survivor. So it's the end of the road here for me playing the game. Was a fun trip!
I just wanted to share my feedback before leaving. Have a great day!
Comments
They've said many times they have no plans to add it. Alternatively we really really could use more controller options & settings to even up the odds some.
Things like dead-zones in the sticks, horrible input delay, and an unnatural feeling camera turning all add to the frustration of being a console killer.
Oh didn't know about that. Just Behaviour being Behaviour. "You can play with Controller and keyboard/mouse on PC but you know what on console you can't and you won't... and of course you can't turn crossplay off on console either". That's lame...
Even with more controller options, it will feel unfair aswell...
I can't play on PC and I won't play like this on consoles. Even on Series S has serious framerates issues on some maps... but the control... they already have the scripts done its just dumb don't give us another option to play the game that already bought. Twice in my case.
I think DbD is the only game with crossplay with PC without being compatible with K/M on consoles like Fornite, Warzone, Halo...