On the topic of reloads

Before anything, i must say, this mid chapter has many changes that in my opinion, are fantastic changes through and through, good number buffs for our boy Evan, solid changes to Skull Merchant and even some problems i have with the anti-camp function are mostly niche scenarios, but most importantly I'd like to talk about the time of reloads, specifically the one for Deathslinger.

Of course reloading AND being able to move during it is a strong point of Deathslinger, considering his other ranged counterparts stay stationary during it, the comparison here is Clown, with a 3 second reload (of course it took longer before, prior to his secondary bottle buff) in comparison to Deathslinger's (currently) 2.75, the problem lies in the time and slowdown during the reload, Clown takes .25 seconds longer, but has 4 bottles in his base kit, Deathslinger of course only has 1 round at any time, making a small portion of Warden's Keys base kit is on the right track, but it doesn't justify the change to the add on. Removing .15 seconds from it and adding it to his base-kit seems good, until you realize pairing it with anything else doesn't grant you much, running BOTH reload add ons of course will still result in a flat 2 second long reload, making the change effectively non-effective for Deathslinger players, instead i believe the common reload and missed shot add ons (Modified Ammo Belt and Spit Polish Rag respectively) would yield far more promising results if made base-kit.

That is overall one of my few gripes with this mid chapter, everything else is completely solid and welcome changes.

Comments

  • I agree they were a little too safe with Deathslinger. If they pushed it down just a tiny bit more it would be better but at 2.6 seconds I’m pretty sure most players are still going to run reload addons every game. I know I will.

  • @sizzlingmario4 said:

    I agree they were a little too safe with Deathslinger. If they pushed it down just a tiny bit more it would be better but at 2.6 seconds I’m pretty sure most players are still going to run reload addons every game. I know I will.

    It's unfortunate, but it is what it is i suppose, he has a lot of fun potential with his other add ons, but faster reloads just outclass all of them