BE only cares about survivors.

無題.png

Hello.


I apologize for my poor English.


I am a person who plays DbD in Japan. The other day, the following statement was released from DbD's official Japanese account.


“You don't want to be hung on a hook in the first place, but when you are denied the chance to rescue yourself because a murderer is lying in wait nearby, you quickly become frustrated.”


Was this translated incorrectly by a Japanese community manager?

Or is this an official statement from BE?


I'm someone who enjoyed playing Murderer, so I feel very sad to have been presented with a statement that shakes the very foundations of the game.


Even a murderer doesn't want his generator repaired.

Sorry for the long message.

Comments

  • I understand what you are saying. However, when it comes to the killer standing very close to the hook its very different from almost any situation then the killer may encounter. While that survivor is being camped, there is nothing they can do. They either sit there and die, or their teammate comes and switches places with them. its very easy to camp, so it should not be so costly and limited to fight against. So, they have introduced a feature to remove some of the frustration.

    Besides, camping before all 5 generators have been completed is typically a bad idea. Playing the game regularly will not be affected by this change. And it goes away completely after the generators are finished, so you can still use this strategy in the final parts of the game.

    Side note: If you are a decent distance from the hook, then the survivor will reach the second stage before they can unhook themselves.

  • @caipt said:

    I understand what you are saying. However, when it comes to the killer standing very close to the hook its very different from almost any situation then the killer may encounter. While that survivor is being camped, there is nothing they can do. They either sit there and die, or their teammate comes and switches places with them. its very easy to camp, so it should not be so costly and limited to fight against. So, they have introduced a feature to remove some of the frustration.

    Besides, camping before all 5 generators have been completed is typically a bad idea. Playing the game regularly will not be affected by this change. And it goes away completely after the generators are finished, so you can still use this strategy in the final parts of the game.

    Side note: If you are a decent distance from the hook, then the survivor will reach the second stage before they can unhook themselves.

    Thank you for answering!

    I think camping is part of the strategy, but I'm also aware that survivors don't like it.

    But lately, I can't hide my shock that BE, who is supposed to be in a fair position, only speaks from the perspective of a survivor.

    In particular, Japan's official BE account has a lot of behavior that provokes Japanese players. I thought that maybe the Japanese community manager was mistranslating it and sending it out, so I asked a question.

    It's good to introduce a new system, but I wish the BE official would at least send out a message that shows concern for the players...

  • The most important question is: do you know about the context of the message? On the PTB a basekit mechanic is being tested: if a killer stays close to the hook, a survivor can unhook themselves after a while. I think the message is referring to this mechanic. The devs test this mechanic because none of the players in the match can really play the game if a killer stays right next to the hook. The killer does not chase or defend gens. The survivor on the hook is not playing. And the three other survivors just hold their mouse button. There is no interaction. The goal is to have some kind of dynamic interaction between all five players.