PTB 7.3.0 Feedback
I wasn't sure where to give my PTB 7.3.0 feedback so ehh lemme just put it here. I'm gonna address everything one by one but feel free to add your own below. Also before we begin I have 3000 hours in the game split between PS4 and PC but I have been playing PC for the last 400 hours. I also play survivor and killer 50/50 split.
PERK CHANGES
Furtive Chase: We need a complete rework with a new effect, decreasing terror radius in chase is useless and making it 1m shorter is useless-er. Beast of Prey makes you completely undetectable during chase and is still useless so please reconsider.
Background Player: Love it. Fantastic. Gives me much more flexibility and makes it feel worthwhile bringing into games. I have no issue with survivors running it against me either.
UPDATED KILLERS:
Skull Merchant:
Ohh boy. Definitely a major improvement when facing against her. Long gone is the dread and wanting to DC. Playing against her feels pretty easy for the most part, her anti loop takes a while to leave any kind of lasting effect. On paper it should be tremendous pressure but in game it's alright. I also feel that you can disable her drones too often and there isn't any downside to doing so. She reminds me of The Singularity in his PTB where you could EMP too often.
Playing AS the Skull Merchant feels a little cumbersome. The cooldown on her power now feels like an incredible hindrance. I accidentally recalled the wrong drone and was forced to wait until I could recall the correct drone and THEN had to wait to deploy the drone I wanted, which took like 30 seconds. I think small things like these need to be rethought (perhaps give a shorter or no cooldown for recalling drones). I find her new power really innovative and much healthier with a lot of potential, it just needs tweaks. Also her music is still very very harsh and abrasive.
Trapper:
I really like these changes. I didn't get to play as him but playing against him felt absolutely fine to me.
Huntress/Trickster/Deathslinger:
I also love these changes, I think they're absolutely fair and being a huntress / trickster player myself I feel happy about being able to use more perks.
Legion:
I got to play against a full endgame Legion who used BFFS and it felt marginally different as a survivor. Good for them I guess.
ANTI-CAMPING FEATURE:
I have a lot to say about this one as this is the star of the show in my opinion. I want this feature to be at it's best potential so I will tell you my observations. This feature is brilliant and I'm overjoyed. I truly believe this feature will be very helpful for both killers and survivors, my reason being that camping isn't very effective with semi-capable survivors and it will drastically improve the survivor experience because we actually get to play the game without fear of being taken out early.
I played the PTB from 5pm (roughly when it released for me) to around Midnight and I had a lot of camping killers testing this out. I had a few killers playing as Leatherface with basement bubba builds to see if it was still viable. Sadly, it is. Don't get me wrong the changes made to Bubba and the endurance situation are great but unfortunately not enough. I unhooked myself in the basement and because he body-blocked me he was able to chainsaw me and then hit me again before I made it out of Shack window. I think this needs even more consideration as there are still plenty ways to camp. I also played against a tombstone Myers who was conducting tests and he would 99 his Tier III, face camp the survivor and as soon as they unhooked themselves he could instantly kill them with his tombstone addon. This is a lot rarer than a Leatherface camping but arguably a bigger problem for this feature.
My point is that more considerations need to be made around the parameters of what can and can't occur post self-unhook just to ensure thar survivors get a feasible shot of making some distance after escaping being camped. For the most part, including technical workings, it works perfectly and the animations are great.
MAP UPDATES:
Shattered Square:
Definitely a major improvement that I'm very happy with. It feels easier to patrol and I like spicing up the layout. The over-bearing hue of RED is still an issue for me but that's neither here nor there.
Macmillan Estate:
This is something I am THRILLED about. I adore the Macmillan estate and consider it to be possibly the most balanced set of maps in the game and I love the changes being made to them that encourage more variety and I think it will make the game feel much more fresh with every match.
Because I played 99% of my matches on Macmillan I did encounter one massive bug. On every single map, there is an invisible wall perpendicular to Killer Shack that stretches from shack to the edge of the map or sometimes a hill and it goes all the way to the sky. Not sure why this is but it made for some hilarious moments. Killers can't hit or walk through it but Deathslinger's spear can pierce through it.
PS. I love the bot changes and thank you for giving us a great set of changes. It was one of the most fun nights I've ever had playing this game and I made so many friends thanks to seeing them game after game. Best of luck.

Comments