QoL for killers trying to play for 12 rotating hooks
Some of us enjoy the challenge of 12 hooking, as well as understanding that tunneling sucks to be on the receiving end of and we want everyone to have a good time. Not knocking those that do tunnel, just not how I like to play.
One of the biggest challenges to this (outside of just regular gameplay) is in the midst of everything you need to mentally track, you also have to track which survivors are on which hook state. It's easy to lose track of this or not notice someone being left on hook long enough to go to their second hook stage. I did it twice in games this morning, which sucked the fun out for everyone.
I get that the current thinking is giving us a hud addition showing exactly who is on what hook state would encourage and enable tunneling. What I propose is a music sting or very noticeable sound effect when you pick up a downed survivor that is on death hook. That gives us a warning that we are about to hook someone that is on death hook, while not giving any information that is useful to enable tunneling. While not as useful as knowing before we waste time in a chase, it at least gives us one last chance to keep from ruining the game.
Comments