I feel like that would punish killers that don't camp just as much, if not more. If I leave the hook and the survivors have a whopping three minutes to save someone, that puts me at a huge disadvantage. They can safely continue working on generators until someone eventually gets chased, letting them get an easy safe rescue. Meanwhile if I camp them, chances are someone's going to try to unhook them and then I can easily down them again and skip that entire phase.
@Peanits said:
I feel like that would punish killers that don't camp just as much, if not more. If I leave the hook and the survivors have a whopping three minutes to save someone, that puts me at a huge disadvantage. They can safely continue working on generators until someone eventually gets chased, letting them get an easy safe rescue. Meanwhile if I camp them, chances are someone's going to try to unhook them and then I can easily down them again and skip that entire phase.
well I'm trying to figure out a way to solve camping/ tunneling i suppose they could just buff kindred to have a longer hooking duration, that would probably be the best fix since tier 3 already spots killers and it gives everyone aura read so it actually hurts killers the longer that survivor is on the hook.
The struggling is a mechanic only so that the killer can't bring u always into the basement. It's not meant that u wiggle out, unless your mates coordinate bodyblocking. We are already pissed of DS and boil over. We don't need another perk for survivors which is preventing killers to do the objective
I feel like that would punish killers that don't camp just as much, if not more. If I leave the hook and the survivors have a whopping three minutes to save someone, that puts me at a huge disadvantage. They can safely continue working on generators until someone eventually gets chased, letting them get an easy safe rescue. Meanwhile if I camp them, chances are someone's going to try to unhook them and then I can easily down them again and skip that entire phase.
well I'm trying to figure out a way to solve camping/ tunneling i suppose they could just buff kindred to have a longer hooking duration, that would probably be the best fix since tier 3 already spots killers and it gives everyone aura read so it actually hurts killers the longer that survivor is on the hook.
What would fix camping is very simple, extend survivor objectives. I've noticed most campers feel like they won't be able to do much in their current situation so they'd rather take their kill and be done with it. Throughout my playtime as survivor I haven't come across someone who straight up face camps just to be an ass. Instead they usually proxy camp because if they go too far I get unhooked and with gens being done too fast it's pretty much a lose lose situation for the killer.
Rather than always picking the approach to punish campers, let's try incentivizing non-campy gameplay and see how it turns out. So far these punishments with the chaser emblem, BT buff and all that has done nothing.
Idk what they could do honestly I do like the idea of the Pustules coming back for just cosmetic grind since that did slow the game down a little bit (but billy was unreasonable during that time). When I play killer I don't camp but I do heavy patrol since it's so easy to find them when they unhook. The other reason why I suggested a longer 2nd phase was so bad survivors can get time to save. On Console even up through green ranks I get get killed just getting hooked once since survivors won't do gens and are too scared to unhook. This game isn't always just for high rank 2k hour people even noobies need help.
I feel like that would punish killers that don't camp just as much, if not more. If I leave the hook and the survivors have a whopping three minutes to save someone, that puts me at a huge disadvantage. They can safely continue working on generators until someone eventually gets chased, letting them get an easy safe rescue. Meanwhile if I camp them, chances are someone's going to try to unhook them and then I can easily down them again and skip that entire phase.
well I'm trying to figure out a way to solve camping/ tunneling i suppose they could just buff kindred to have a longer hooking duration, that would probably be the best fix since tier 3 already spots killers and it gives everyone aura read so it actually hurts killers the longer that survivor is on the hook.
What would fix camping is very simple, extend survivor objectives. I've noticed most campers feel like they won't be able to do much in their current situation so they'd rather take their kill and be done with it. Throughout my playtime as survivor I haven't come across someone who straight up face camps just to be an ass. Instead they usually proxy camp because if they go too far I get unhooked and with gens being done too fast it's pretty much a lose lose situation for the killer.
Rather than always picking the approach to punish campers, let's try incentivizing non-campy gameplay and see how it turns out. So far these punishments with the chaser emblem, BT buff and all that has done nothing.
Except that would also have the opposite effect. If I hook someone once and camp them until they die, that's 120 seconds. That's enough for the remaining three survivors to fully fix three generators (assuming they didn't even touch a generator until someone got hooked, but let's be real, that's not the case). By the time that first person dies, the other survivors can have the first three done and the last two very close. If they do not waste time trying to rescue someone being camped, the killer basically only gets one kill.
Extending the survivor objective means I can camp someone for 120 seconds with less risk. I don't have to worry about generators going off left and right because they're going to take longer. Say this new survivor objective takes ~120 seconds to do. By the time the first guy dies, I have another 120 seconds to catch someone else and stick them on the hook too.
I feel like the best way to discourage camping would be to make kindred baseline. SWF groups can already share this information anyway, so this would only benefit solo players who don't know and have to waste time checking the hook to see if the killer is camping. That way they would instantly know if it's worth going for a save or if they should just fix generators.
@akbays35 said:
You have a 3/4/5% increase in struggle progression against killer.
You get bonus 50/75/100% increased struggle time in the 2nd sacrifice state.
Pretty much just an anti camping perk, but one for people who love button mashing.
How is that anti camping?
If the killre camped you, then you wouldnt have got off the hook in the first place.
Also Id like to ask you one simple question. Do you like being slugged? Because thats whats gonna happen if you overtune struggling and deny hooks
I feel like that would punish killers that don't camp just as much, if not more. If I leave the hook and the survivors have a whopping three minutes to save someone, that puts me at a huge disadvantage. They can safely continue working on generators until someone eventually gets chased, letting them get an easy safe rescue. Meanwhile if I camp them, chances are someone's going to try to unhook them and then I can easily down them again and skip that entire phase.
well I'm trying to figure out a way to solve camping/ tunneling i suppose they could just buff kindred to have a longer hooking duration, that would probably be the best fix since tier 3 already spots killers and it gives everyone aura read so it actually hurts killers the longer that survivor is on the hook.
What would fix camping is very simple, extend survivor objectives. I've noticed most campers feel like they won't be able to do much in their current situation so they'd rather take their kill and be done with it. Throughout my playtime as survivor I haven't come across someone who straight up face camps just to be an ass. Instead they usually proxy camp because if they go too far I get unhooked and with gens being done too fast it's pretty much a lose lose situation for the killer.
Rather than always picking the approach to punish campers, let's try incentivizing non-campy gameplay and see how it turns out. So far these punishments with the chaser emblem, BT buff and all that has done nothing.
Except that would also have the opposite effect. If I hook someone once and camp them until they die, that's 120 seconds. That's enough for the remaining three survivors to fully fix three generators (assuming they didn't even touch a generator until someone got hooked, but let's be real, that's not the case). By the time that first person dies, the other survivors can have the first three done and the last two very close. If they do not waste time trying to rescue someone being camped, the killer basically only gets one kill.
Extending the survivor objective means I can camp someone for 120 seconds with less risk. I don't have to worry about generators going off left and right because they're going to take longer. Say this new survivor objective takes ~120 seconds to do. By the time the first guy dies, I have another 120 seconds to catch someone else and stick them on the hook too.
I feel like the best way to discourage camping would be to make kindred baseline. SWF groups can already share this information anyway, so this would only benefit solo players who don't know and have to waste time checking the hook to see if the killer is camping. That way they would instantly know if it's worth going for a save or if they should just fix generators.
I do have an issue with Kindred being baseline though, it gives all survivors aura info which is pretty overpowered (which is probably why they didn't make that change). I'd rather just have 1500 survival points if I'm not getting unhooked even if I have to tap a
button for 2 minutes straight (and that would be the reality a survivor if this was a real perk) sure killers would complain forever about that guy not dying but what about the survivor button mashing for 2 minutes you guys didn't consider that?
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
I feel like that would punish killers that don't camp just as much, if not more. If I leave the hook and the survivors have a whopping three minutes to save someone, that puts me at a huge disadvantage. They can safely continue working on generators until someone eventually gets chased, letting them get an easy safe rescue. Meanwhile if I camp them, chances are someone's going to try to unhook them and then I can easily down them again and skip that entire phase.
nah I main david because there's legions everywhere and I needed dead hard, actually haven't even leveled claudette on there yet
well I'm trying to figure out a way to solve camping/ tunneling i suppose they could just buff kindred to have a longer hooking duration, that would probably be the best fix since tier 3 already spots killers and it gives everyone aura read so it actually hurts killers the longer that survivor is on the hook.
Idk what they could do honestly I do like the idea of the Pustules coming back for just cosmetic grind since that did slow the game down a little bit (but billy was unreasonable during that time). When I play killer I don't camp but I do heavy patrol since it's so easy to find them when they unhook. The other reason why I suggested a longer 2nd phase was so bad survivors can get time to save. On Console even up through green ranks I get get killed just getting hooked once since survivors won't do gens and are too scared to unhook. This game isn't always just for high rank 2k hour people even noobies need help.
Except that would also have the opposite effect. If I hook someone once and camp them until they die, that's 120 seconds. That's enough for the remaining three survivors to fully fix three generators (assuming they didn't even touch a generator until someone got hooked, but let's be real, that's not the case). By the time that first person dies, the other survivors can have the first three done and the last two very close. If they do not waste time trying to rescue someone being camped, the killer basically only gets one kill.
Extending the survivor objective means I can camp someone for 120 seconds with less risk. I don't have to worry about generators going off left and right because they're going to take longer. Say this new survivor objective takes ~120 seconds to do. By the time the first guy dies, I have another 120 seconds to catch someone else and stick them on the hook too.
I feel like the best way to discourage camping would be to make kindred baseline. SWF groups can already share this information anyway, so this would only benefit solo players who don't know and have to waste time checking the hook to see if the killer is camping. That way they would instantly know if it's worth going for a save or if they should just fix generators.
How is that anti camping?
If the killre camped you, then you wouldnt have got off the hook in the first place.
Also Id like to ask you one simple question. Do you like being slugged? Because thats whats gonna happen if you overtune struggling and deny hooks
I do have an issue with Kindred being baseline though, it gives all survivors aura info which is pretty overpowered (which is probably why they didn't make that change). I'd rather just have 1500 survival points if I'm not getting unhooked even if I have to tap a
button for 2 minutes straight (and that would be the reality a survivor if this was a real perk) sure killers would complain forever about that guy not dying but what about the survivor button mashing for 2 minutes you guys didn't consider that?