I think only killers need prestige levels to be hidden pre-match
I’ve been opted in for prestige to be hidden prematch and I wish I wasn’t. The only issue I personally have with visible prestige is lobby dodging or killers tunneling people who switch last minute. I have never been flamed for being bad for my prestige level by another survivor, I’ve never even seen that happen. Worst it gets is my friend and I saying to each other in a private call “oh yeah, that prestige 100 really shows” ironically.
Given my anecdote I personally prefer that killer can’t see our prestige level. It’s only fair given that beforehand we couldn’t lobby dodge killers for being high prestige but they could lobby dodge us.
What are your guys thoughts?
Comments
Nah, just make it setting for everyone.
-if you want to see any prestige or not (both sides)
-if you want killer to see your prestige
-if you want to hide it for everyone
That's fair, everyone can do whatever they want then.
My pet theory is they only implemented it for people who lobby-dodged above a certain threshold. I nearly never lobby-dodge (as both sides), and its only like if I see the person's steam profile has VAC bans within the past year, or says they are from 8+ timezones apart (again, as both sides). As a result (also of BHVR's anticheat methods improving), I haven't seen a blatant cheater in probably a year. Sometimes though I just dodge anyone with a VAC ban in the triple digit dayframe. 999 days since last VAC ban, naw bro I'm taking the next elevator.
I think in general the Prestige level is fine to show, and it is blocked after X lobby dodges fwithin a timeframe, and is blocked for a longer time when done repeatedly (like DC bans escalating). The people who lobby dodge all the time will have it reset and reset, and the rest of us will be fine.