Tome Challenges
Recently I'm doing challenges from past Tomes in the Compendium as a Survivor. One reason is to have something to do and the other are the awesome iridescent charms. :D
Every Tome starts off with reasonable, okay challenges; like:
~Repair 2 generators
~Unhook 3 Survivors
~Escape 1 trial
~Open 5 chests
etc...
But as you progress and go further there are some pretty tedious, boring, unreasonably hard or almost impossible challenges.
Boring and tedious challenges like:
~cleanse 20 totems
~earn 15 iridescent emblems
These challenges are just boring and annoying but can be done just slowly.
But then there are challenges that are so hard that it's almost impossible. I play in solo queue and some challenge seem to be almost exclusively "swf challenges" because I won't really have an opportunity to do them unless it's a coordinated team with comms. For example:
~Safely unhook in end game collapse (I could only do this challenge once and that's because the killer was just farming with us)
~Be alive while 3 survivors escape in a single trial (when does that happen in solo queue!?)
~Do 3-4 gens while cooperating in a single trial
These challenges ALL require order and can mostly be done in an organized group. But solo queue is the opposite. There's no way to communicate with teammates and most of my teammates are lower skill level players and die early/mid game. And from there it's just a snowball. So basically I'm wasting my time because I load into matches where my challenge just gets thrown in the trash. I can't unhook in end game collapse when 1 teammate already died and the other 2 are on death hook (even if we open the gates there's noone to unhook).
I also can't be there for them to escape if they're already dead or on death hook and the killer is gonna down them soon.
Challenges should be able to be done by ANYONE not just people who play in swf. Sure, the challenges I said can be done in solo but it's like.... 1 in a million chance that it's gonna happen. It's really frustrating. (Not to mention character specific/perk challenges that require the player to have a certain survivor/perk. It's ridiculous.)


Comments