Okay seriously how am I supposed to counter this
Listen I still dislike Wraith you can say "he's just an m1 killer" all you want but here's the problem I have HE'S CLOAKING not the power itself I like it but how the game registers it. So I can have a stand off at a pallet simple I slam it down he gets stunned while cloaked end of story. He's uncloaking more then likely trying to fool me into pre-dropping okay I'll wait done this before he's full uncloaked I see the smoke effect he gets when he fully uncloaks and so I drop it and what's that...oh the game registered that he never uncloaked because he let go a nonexistent inch from a full bar so nope doesn't count. I basically have no way of slow him down/stunning him because it's either see him break a pallet extremely quickly while cloaked or basically accept having to take a hit no matter what. So how can I counter him because you can say use windows and I try all it does it gets me killed faster.
I've tried looping and out running him but guess what he hugs me so if he uncloaks that speed boost causes him to get a massive boost to me also yes I've tried using windows while he has the speed boost guess what hit detection won't allow that.
Comments
Drop pallet if he tries to uncloak fake and spam vault. Same if hes behind you and you're at a window.
When he's cloaked, he's not in chase (so no bloodlust or window block). If he fakes uncloak and you know he does, you can drop a pallet and spam fast>slow vault on it until he fully commits to the uncloak. You can also find a strong window and spam slow vaults on it to force him out of power.
If he hugs you, like stays on you while cloaked and waits to uncloak? I mean... keep running, keep looping around things forcing him to stay in cloak and on you while your team does gens??? If he wastes time on you "hugging you" and not uncloaking to hit you, then he is losing.
unrelated but I had a wraith push me out of the way on a one-way window the other day. like I was squarely in the center of the window running at it so I could medium vault if he uncloaked and he somehow managed to window block me as I was waiting? is that a thing
General rule of thumb: always keep your character model between a cloaked Wraith and whatever you're trying to make it to i.e. window or pallet. *You* need to body block the Wraith before he can body block you.
After that, wait at the window or pallet until he starts to uncloak. In all likelihood he's trying to bait out a pallet drop so he can break it while cloaked. Drop the pallet and spam vault it until he fully uncloaks. WAIT and make sure he actually starts the pallet break animation. If he re-cloaks to try and break it, start spam vaulting again. You are going to force him to break it while uncloaked or play the pallet uncloaked. Those are his two options.
Either way, drop the pallet. You don't get to take unused pallets with you and refund them for BP after the trial. You deny his uncloak lunge and mindgames by dropping them early.
I actually miss bodyblocking wraith, it used to be much more fun with speed add ons.
If it's at least a semi-strong pallet, throw it and run to another loop. The Wraith will have to either spend time going around or breaking it. Even though a Wraith has speed, and can have breaking speed with perks/addons, it still takes time away from the chase. Unless it's a dead zone you typically can make it to a vault/pallet/loop.
Trying to vault spam a Wraith is almost a guaranteed way to get camped/tunneled when you eventually go down. It may lose the Wraith the trial, but it'll also get you dead/depipped/weak BPs/dropped MMR, which is usually worth more to the killer than a win.