Left the match because killer left me slugged as the last survivor. Got timed out from matches.

So was I supposed to just wait for myself to bleed out, while the nemmy just stood there and whipped my corpse on the ground? Cause it seemed like the time out indicated I did something wrong.

I'll admit, the timeout out was only 60 seconds, but I still stand my original question. What did I do wrong? Why does leaving a match early when you are the last survivor matter -- at all? Is it because the game needs the last survivor to run around, so the killer can complete his "close hatch" quest? Okay, then if I leave early, just give him the quest. (he went and closed that hatch anyways before coming back to stare at me bleeding out).

I think if the last survivor of the match wants to leave, just let him. What even is the "gameplay" left for the last survivor? Find the hatch? Okay sure, run around, win the coin toss, you find the hatch and escape. Yay! lose the coin toss, killer closes the hatch. Now what is left to do in the game? Well you can open the gate. There are two gates. Killer goes back and forth between the two gates. If the gates are far apart, and the killer is slow, maybe you can get out. If the gates are close, well you just jump on a gate, and hope. Oh the fast killer zooms over, downs you, and then lets you bleed out for two minutes.

I know the game has quests that having the last survivor leave early would hurt, but I don't think that's a good enough reason for the crummy last survivor endgame experience. And I don't think "removing all the bad manners players" is an option either.

If the match sucks, and the last survivor should just get the option to leave, no penalty, no judgement for not wanting to sit there and bleed out while the killer whips their dead corpse.

P.S. option 2, make the last survivors healing while bleed out speed 4x. Now the killer can stare at you on the ground, but at least its a little bit quicker.

Comments

  • Short answer: Yes, you are meant to wait.

    Longer answer: I do agree that killers bleeding survivors out on purpose is obnoxious, but there really shouldn't be any acceptable reasons to DC that would warrant no penalty at all. Occasionally needing to handle some IRL emergency or whatever is one thing, a 60 second penalty isn't going to impact you if that happens every once in a while, but the expectation should be that when you queue up to play a match, you finish that match, even if it doesn't go your way.

    You mention challenges yourself, and that's more than good enough of a reason to not let survivors freely DC, but even setting that aside... the fair reasons for DCing right now (pretty much just being bled out for four minutes, or SM 3-gen stuff) are things that should be fixed, and it's pretty much just those two things anyway. I certainly can't think of any other legitimate reason to DC, myself.

    Rather than allowing people to just DC freely, I'd suggest something of a "bleed out faster" button if you're the only survivor left. Gives the killer some time to rush to finish a challenge if they are actually trying to do that, but otherwise lets you give the killer their kill and go next without having to wait the full four minutes.

  • @Neolakis said:

    So was I supposed to just wait for myself to bleed out, while the nemmy just stood there and whipped my corpse on the ground? Cause it seemed like the time out indicated I did something wrong.

    I'll admit, the timeout out was only 60 seconds, but I still stand my original question. What did I do wrong? Why does leaving a match early when you are the last survivor matter -- at all? Is it because the game needs the last survivor to run around, so the killer can complete his "close hatch" quest? Okay, then if I leave early, just give him the quest. (he went and closed that hatch anyways before coming back to stare at me bleeding out).

    I think if the last survivor of the match wants to leave, just let him. What even is the "gameplay" left for the last survivor? Find the hatch? Okay sure, run around, win the coin toss, you find the hatch and escape. Yay! lose the coin toss, killer closes the hatch. Now what is left to do in the game? Well you can open the gate. There are two gates. Killer goes back and forth between the two gates. If the gates are far apart, and the killer is slow, maybe you can get out. If the gates are close, well you just jump on a gate, and hope. Oh the fast killer zooms over, downs you, and then lets you bleed out for two minutes.

    I know the game has quests that having the last survivor leave early would hurt, but I don't think that's a good enough reason for the crummy last survivor endgame experience. And I don't think "removing all the bad manners players" is an option either.

    If the match sucks, and the last survivor should just get the option to leave, no penalty, no judgement for not wanting to sit there and bleed out while the killer whips their dead corpse.

    P.S. option 2, make the last survivors healing while bleed out speed 4x. Now the killer can stare at you on the ground, but at least its a little bit quicker.

    Yes, just alt tab and watch a Youtube video or something. Waste their time instead.