Why it’s there no end game text chat on ps4 and Xbox, but pc does when there is cross play

I’m Jc cause I feel like that should be a thing on all platforms not exclusive to pc since this game is cross play should all features be on all platforms not only one?

Comments

  • It's to protect our young delicate eyes from the true horrors of toxicity on the interwebs.

    We console gamers are clearly not mature/emotionally stable enough to be allowed unsupervised in the same lobby as the PC gaming master race. God forbid anyone hurts our poor feelings with their nasty words.

  • Saves their moderation workload.

    Consoles have their own chat functions, which fall under the remit of Sony/Microsoft/Nintendo to police.

    If console players had access to the in-game chat function, then that would likely double or even triple the amount of reports submitted for harassment.

  • Who on PC is going to wait around for 14 minutes while I painfully type out a single sentence with my controller? 🎮

  • I kind of wish there was chat on console, so I could have banter with chainsaw only Billy players after the match. But I keep my voice chat on console to friends only. I'd probably end up doing the same with the end game chat lmao