BHVR loves players with high ping

bhvr loves players with high ping. there is no other way I can explain why no additional servers are created in regions where players are have to play from halfway around the world. south africa playing in nothern europe is mentioned here as an example.

in addition, BHVR tries to disguise the ping of the killer as much as possible. ping indicator for the killer in the lobby? gone. ping display for the killer in the game? nowhere seen.

300ms killer ping and above the survivors get informed that they have to reckon with strange behavior in the game. all vaults become an unsafe miracle, pallets have to be dropped between a half and two seconds early or you get hit thru them.

now one could think that the server sees the actions of the other players much earlier and then always knows what corresponds more to reality. not even close. the server only forwards data, only when he gets ancient data that are borderline old he might intervene. sure, because everything else costs computing power, i.e. money.

so yeah, someone in the BHVR HQ has a love for high ping player and make sure they have the best time possible while the guy with 30ms ping can look at the mountains with the stove pipe

https://youtu.be/OipunsWdzUw


Comments

  • The thing that I don't understand is that, why we can't see a killer's ping in numbers?

    We can see survivors ping individually but we can't see a killer's ping, why? Makes no sence.

    Btw, sometimes when I play a game it shows me the red icon like I'm hardcore lagging (200+), I'm pressing esc and I have 80 ping.

    Why does it show that red "ping" icon? Who knows...

  • @Grigerbest said:

    The thing that I don't understand is that, why we can't see a killer's ping in numbers?

    We can see survivors ping individually but we can't see a killer's ping, why? Makes no sence.

    Btw, sometimes when I play a game it shows me the red icon like I'm hardcore lagging (200+), I'm pressing esc and I have 80 ping.

    Why does it show that red "ping" icon? Who knows...

    There are 2 major icons, one is packet loss, one is raw latency (with a knife for Killer when playing as Survivor). The packet loss icon is like a diamond shape displaced over a dashed diamond, and the latency is just the normal 1 or 2 out of 3 bars like a cell phone reception. Yellow is for middle lag/packet loss, Red is for high/extreme lag/packet loss.

    LagDifference.jpg

    I do think you should be able to see all players latency in the lobby so you can know if you want to waste time going against a 250+ ping Killer or not.

  • BHVR has a button in their office that says “make more servers in more regions” and they don’t press it because they hate you.