Console vs PC
Hello, I am new to this whole discussion thing. I would like to bring up a point about the differences I have with a certain killer across both platforms, console and computer. There are some changes that I think would benefit console players to be as good as computer players. For example, I love playing the huntress. On computer, I am completely fine with her because I know how good I can be with her. The smoothness of the mouse making my shots more easier, but the fast flicking I can do also helps if someone tries to disorientate me. However, on console, this isn't the case. The joysticks do not have enough smoothness to get a good shot off, nor does it have the flick to it that a mouse does.
I've been playing, and still am playing, huntress on my console to get better at her, but the more I play, the more I realize that I can barely get a shot off when I go against computer survivors. Now take into account that if I took off crossplay, it will take me 30+ minutes or even more, to actually get a match. Console players are literally forced to put on crossplay if they want to get a match, meaning almost every single match, you will get at least 1-2 if not the whole lobby being computer players. Now we all know that computer players have it much easier than a console player, especially in my experience, so why not have keyboard and mouse accessibility for console players? It would make the game fair between both types of players.
Controllers cannot compare to anything that a keyboard or mouse can do, and I just get frustrated that I can't do anything about it to win matches against computer players because it is so much easier to disorientate a console player than a computer player. To add, the joystick movement for huntress is like a guessing game. For example, if someone is not going straight forward and is trying to dodge your shots and they take a hard right or left, you have to essentially "flick" your joystick to the right or left, but the thing is, you have to time it when to let go of the joystick, which makes everything much more harder for a console huntress player. This makes the chance of missing way higher than it needs to be. And you can't be smooth with the joysticks either, because if you do, your camera will move slower, making it unlikely to even reach the survivor before they hide behind an obstacle.
For another example that I just thought of, the perk enduring. No matter what perk level, either it be 1, 2, or 3, I simply cannot hit the survivor. What do I mean by this? Whenever you swing your weapon towards the survivor, but they drop the pallet right as you are on the other side. So both you and the survivor are on the other side, but you just got stunned. Enduring comes into play and with PC, you can flick super hard and down them instantly, however, console is not the same. You have to drag your joystick, but by the time you're swinging, they are already on the other side running away. Sure, maybe I can turn my joystick sensitivity up, but do you really think I want to mess up everything I have learned with each killer? Now I will have to relearn how to aim with higher sensitivity. It is a long and drawn out process that can just be eliminated with a simple feature, adding keyboard and mouse accessibility to console players. It is only fair. If there is crossplay, there should be keyboard and mouse features for console players. It's either, A. Turn off crossplay and wait many minutes up to many hours to get a match with your fellow console players, or B. Turn on crossplay, but risk having mostly computer players in your lobbies and possibly losing almost every game (depending on your killer) you play because it is much harder for console players to go against computer players.
Whew, that was a lot. I don't mean to come across rude or entitled, but I believe other people struggle with this too. Just wanted to point out the unfairness of the situation in how we killers don't have the opportunity to play on a keyboard and mouse on console. If the BHVR team sees this, why don't you give it a try for yourselves? Play at least 25 matches or more on computer, then 25 on console, specifically with huntress considering it is way harder for her on console.
Here is a list of killers that I believe have a harder time or could have a harder time on console than computers: Huntress, Nurse, Bubba, Oni, Deathslinger, Executioner, Trickster, (P) Blight, (P) Clown, (P) Nemesis, (P) Mastermind, (P) Cenobite, (P) Plague.
(P) stands for possibly, meaning they could possibly have a harder time. I could go into full depth, but that will be way too long. I'm mostly taking into account for their powers and how it could be hard for joysticks. Anyways, thanks for reading this and I hope y'all agree with me, because this seriously needs to be changed. I love this game, but it is frustrating on consoles. Thanks!
Comments
Yeah I think console players should get some assist at least. Actual auto aim would be nice. And flicks should be made possible to use.
I hear ya, and I too wish for M&K support, among a great many other good things for the consoles.
But sadly they've stated many times they have no plans to add it.