"Balancing Concerns and Gameplay Enhancements for Dead by Daylight: A Call for Equitable Gameplay"

I hope this letter finds you well. I am an avid player of Dead by Daylight and have been enjoying the game since its inception. I appreciate the hard work and dedication that your team puts into creating a unique and thrilling gaming experience for all of us. I am writing to you today because I have concerns about the current balance of killers in the game, along with some related gameplay elements.

While Dead by Daylight offers a diverse roster of killers, it's apparent that there's a general feeling of weakening across the killer roles. It's with a heavy heart that I've noticed this trend affecting not just a specific killer, but many in the roster. As a passionate player who enjoys both playing as the killer and facing them, I believe that every killer should have a fair chance to succeed, and the current state of these killer roles is hindering that experience.

Moreover, I'd like to bring to your attention the "MADE FOR THIS" perk that survivors can use. While I understand the importance of allowing survivors to utilize various strategies to evade the killer, it seems that this perk provides an undue advantage. The overly advantageous nature of this perk can lead to an unbalanced playing field, where the killer's efforts are often thwarted without sufficient counterplay options. Finding a way to adjust or balance this perk could significantly enhance the overall gameplay experience for both killers and survivors.

In addition to the above concerns, I wanted to address the recent removal of the function that hinders behavior when caught on a hook. This change has made the game unfavorable for killers, as it has removed a strategic opportunity that was present before. While the "REASSURANCE" perk exists, many players feel that deleting this function has adversely impacted the strategic depth of the game, potentially leading to unanticipated consequences. I believe that reconsidering this change could restore a more balanced and engaging gameplay experience.

Furthermore, I'd like to discuss the impact of these changes on the dignity of the killer role and the matchmaking experience for survivors. The removal of strategic opportunities and imbalanced mechanics can contribute to a sense of frustration among killers, affecting their motivation to play and succeed. Additionally, there have been observations that survivor matchmaking times seem to be longer than those for killers. Addressing these concerns could help restore a sense of equilibrium between the roles and contribute to a more enjoyable experience for all players.

Additionally, I have observed that, in my experience, it appears to be significantly easier for survivors to rank up compared to killers. This discrepancy in the ranking system can lead to a feeling of imbalance, where the effort and skill required to progress as a killer are often overshadowed by the comparatively smoother progression of survivors. Achieving a more equitable ranking system could alleviate this issue and encourage players to engage more deeply with both roles.

It's worth noting that these concerns have not gone unnoticed by the community. The Steam community, where many passionate players gather to share their thoughts and experiences, has seen numerous discussions and complaints about these gameplay issues. The collective sentiment among players emphasizes the importance of achieving a more balanced and enjoyable gaming experience for both killers and survivors.

I understand that game balancing is an intricate process and that changes cannot be made haphazardly. However, I genuinely believe that addressing these concerns and making adjustments to the aforementioned aspects would greatly benefit both the game's overall balance and the enjoyment of players like me. I have witnessed firsthand the passion and dedication your team puts into listening to the community and striving to improve the game based on feedback. With this in mind, I kindly request that you consider looking into these matters and exploring opportunities for improvement that could breathe new life into the gameplay dynamics.

Please know that my intention is not to criticize but to express my genuine concern as a dedicated player who wishes to see Dead by Daylight continue to thrive and captivate players. Your team's dedication to creating an immersive and engaging experience is highly commendable, and I trust that you will take player feedback seriously.

Thank you for taking the time to read my letter. I look forward to seeing the continued growth and success of Dead by Daylight. If there's any way I can provide further feedback or support in this endeavor, please do not hesitate to reach out to me.

Sincerely,

Comments