[PC Steam] I think anonymous mode should be improved.

I've heard that an anonymous mode was introduced for streamers.

But what's the reality of it?

In truth, only a very small fraction of streamers are utilizing this anonymous mode.

The majority of users who employ this mode behave rudely, or they are essentially users who resort to deceitful tactics.

Even if you can report them while they're in anonymous mode, you can't block their profiles since you have no way of identifying who they are.

The in-game blocking feature was available for a brief period right after its launch,

but now, that block function doesn't work at all. It's nothing more than a hollow text.

For those who don't wish to display their profiles, it's baffling why the game supports this anonymous mode when Steam already offers a feature to set profiles to private.

This issue isn't exclusive to survivors. I believe that anonymous killers face the same predicament.

There have been forum posts from individuals who believe the anonymous mode is problematic. It's disheartening to see that, as time goes by, there seems to be no intention to refine the feature that's been added.

If this truly is a feature designed for streamers, then I believe it should only be available to streamers with a substantial follower count.

In this manner, if they wish to use the anonymous mode, they can. However, their profiles should still be blockable so that others can avoid playing games with them in the future. I think this would be a fair approach.

I believe that such a way of managing the game is not right. Relying solely on the developer's response to reports is not ideal.

Furthermore, not only are issues not addressed immediately, but those who spoil the game experience only face light penalties. Even if actions are taken, we won't be able to identify these players, forcing us to continue playing with them.

Additionally, for console and Epic Store users, even if profiles are not visible, the block feature should undeniably be operational.

Comments

  • @BALJADA said:

    I understand that anonymous mode has been added for streamers.

    But what's the reality?

    In fact, very few streamers use anonymous mode.

    Most of the users who use anonymous mode behave in a non-manner manner, or Cheater users are reality.

    Even if you can report it when you're on anonymous mode

    We can't block profiles because we don't know who they really are.

    As for the features that can be blocked in the game, it was available for a short time right after release,

    but now the blocking function is not working at all.

    He's just a shell with text.

    People who don't want to show their profile have no idea why the game supports anonymous mode

    when they have a Steam profile private feature.

    This is not just a matter for survivors. I think anonymous killers are the same problem.

    People who thought anonymous mode was the problem wrote posts on the forum

    It's heartbreaking that I don't have any intention of improving the function I've already added.

    If it's really a feature for streamers, I think it's right to apply to streamers above a certain follower so

    that their accounts can be given the option of using anonymous mode or not.

    We think it's fair to use anonymous mode if you want to use it like that but make sure we

    block the profile of who they are so we don't play games with them anymore.

    I don't think this kind of operation is right. No matter how much the developer processes the report,

    it won't be processed immediately, and there will be light sanctions on those who don't want to play the game

    at all, and we have to keep playing with them because we don't recognize them even if it's processed.

    Us on Xbox cannot even use the Anonymous Mode at all, and the blocking feature only prevents communication not matchmaking.

  • @JPLongstreet said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/388552/pc-steam-i-think-anonymous-mode-should-be-improved

    Us on Xbox cannot even use the Anonymous Mode at all, and the blocking feature only prevents communication not matchmaking.

    I'm saying that the blocking feature is not functioning in the game itself, based on PC Steam. For console users, they essentially can't block anyone since they can't view profiles, which effectively means there's no difference between this and an anonymous mode for PC Steam users.

  • @BALJADA said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3519985#Comment_3519985

    I'm saying that the blocking feature is not functioning in the game itself, based on PC Steam. For console users, they essentially can't block anyone since they can't view profiles, which effectively means there's no difference between this and an anonymous mode for PC Steam users.

    Ahhhh I have no idea how our PC cousins do things.

    For me on Xbox I can always find anyone's profile once I've played with them, and apparently DBD's devs system tried to override that or something of the sort. So no Anonymous Mode for us.